Citizenship : Indian nationals.
Entry Qualification : Any examination equivalent to H.S.C. / (10+2) examination,WITH (PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY)of any recognized Board/ University after 12 years of study.
50% in PCB for general category and 40% for reserved category.
Procedure :Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to MBBS courses for the year 2017-18 from amongst the National Eligibility Cum Entrance (UG)Test (NEET) – 2017 qualified candidates.
Group of Subjects Specified
English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology
Age Limit : The lower age shall be 17 years as on December 31, 2009. The upper age shall be 25 years as on December 31, 2012. The upper age limit may be relaxed by three years for SC/ST candidates.
Post graduate MD/MS Intake
Seats | 36
Duration :Diploma 2 yrs & MD/MS 3 years
Eligibility | PG MD/MS : NEET
i) Candidate should have obtained MBBS Degree from a MCI recognized institution.
ii) Candidate should have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination before 30th April of the Academic year.
The post graduate specializations of 36 seats of 17 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal. Admissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
PG Sanctioned Course
|Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy|
|Diploma in Child Health|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Psychiatry|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
Amala Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS) – “Home for total Healing” – named after Blessed Virgin Mary, is a multi-disciplinary medical network of pedagogical, therapeutic, research and outreach programmes. AIMS brings together a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to provide the highest standards of medical treatment. Our full range of primary and speciality care medical services enables cross-speciality consultation, which assures outstanding treatment for each patient. Our extensive infrastructure offers extensive facilities comprising 25 modern operating theatres, 210 equipped intensive-care beds, a fully computerized and networked Hospital Information System (HIS), and a fully digital radiology department.
To be a foremost teaching hospital known for its excellence in holistic healthcare, quality education and research.
We are committed to translating the vision into action by:
- Employing the best possible staff.
- Providing state-of-the-art facilities in an eco-friendly ambience.
- Imparting affordable, inclusive, quality healthcare to all.
- Catering to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patients.
- Following merit-based, transparent and non-exploitative admission procedure.
- Challenging our students to become forward-looking, dedicated health care personnel, with competence, integrity and compassion as their hallmarks.
- Instilling in the staff and students respect for life at every stage of its growth and in all its manifestations.
- Inspiring the students to reach out to the poor and the marginalized, especially those in the rural areas.
- Promoting innovative research that will benefit the humanity.