- Address | Tankisinwari Biratnagar, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 2014
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world
- Birat Medial College (BMC) is the newest medical school in Nepal. Established in 2014 as an extended program of Kathmandu University, BMC is now gearing up for its fifth intake. Each year 75 national and international students join us to pursue their life-long passion and goals.
- Birat Medical College (BMC) was awarded an extension program by The Kathmandu University since August 2014. This fully accredited college currently runs an MBBS program as an extension of Kathmandu University School of Medical Science (KUSMS). Finance and Operation of BMC is independent but is directly under the supervision of KU in terms of Academics, Examination and Teaching Calendar.
- By year 2000, Birat Nursing Home managed to grow into 50-bedded tertiary care hospital on its own premises where it still stands. It was at this center that Birat hospital has managed to make significant contribution to our people and the country as whole. We became pioneers of utilizing many technological advances, services and techniques that first entered Nepal and are still recognized as the only advanced laparoscopic gynecological surgery center in Nepal.
- By year 2004, we understood the need for passing on our vastly accumulated knowledge to the next generation. It was with this vision in mind that we first entered our academic mission by establishing Birat Health College (BHC), a nursing school.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal | For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance | KUMET which will be held in August every year.
- Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Eligibilty for Napalese students | Admissions for self financed Nepalese students are admitted through Kathmandu University’s written medical entrance test (KUMET) held during the month of June/July. The Kathmandu University (KU calls for applications in June-July each year. The advertisements appear in prominent National Dailies. Successful candidates are put on 3 merit lists – A, B & C. The DMCRI invites merit candidates from A.B.C lists for an interview, after which another merit list is drawn up and the admissions are based on this DMCRI merit list.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in