- Address | Chowbaga Road, Anandapur, P.O. East Kolkata Township, Mundapara, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Establishment | 2001 | Kolkata | West Bengal | India
- Affiliation | West Bengal University of Technology | Kolkata
- Exam Required | B.E/B Tech WBJEE | M.E/M Tech GATE
- Approved By : AICTE | NBA | WBUT
Courses Offered in HIT
- Highest salary Provided by Microsoft is – 16 LPA
- Average Salary Offered – 4.5 LPA
Heritage Institute of Technology HIT | Kolkata
popularly known as HITK or HIT, is a private autonomous engineering college in Anandapur, Kolkata, near the East Kolkata Township, West Bengal, India. It is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata. This institute is ranked among the top five engineering colleges in West Bengal.
Heritage Institute of Technology was set up on the eastern fringes of Kolkata in 2001 by a group of industrialists hailing from the flourishing information technology, electronics and related industries around Kolkata, and some public figures. The foundation behind the growth of HITK is the Kalyan Bharti Trust. To meet the demand for technical manpower and in view of fiscal constraints at the governmental level, the Kalyan Bharti Trust supplemented the state government’s efforts in setting up new engineering colleges by establishing the Heritage Institute of Technology in September 2000.
B.E/B.Tech Engineering Course Sanctioned Intake
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering |120 seats
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering |180 seats
- B.Tech in Information Technology| 60 seats
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering |60 seats
- B.Tech in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering |60 seats
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering |180 seats
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering |120 seats
- B.Tech in Biotechnology|60 seats
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering|60 seats
Duration : 4 years
Exam Required : WBJEE ( West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination ) & JEE (Mains).
- H.S. (10+2) examination of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal or equivalent
- Qualified Joint Entrance Examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board / JEE(Main) conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education and recommended by the WBJEE Board
- 80% seats to be filled from qualified WBJEE candidates, 10% from qualified JEE(Main) candidates and 10% under Management Quota for candidates having valid rank cards of WBJEE / JEE(Main).
- An additional intake of 20% of the approved intake in the 2nd year (Lateral Entry) from Diploma holders and B.Sc degree holders through JELET conducted by WBJEE Board.
Post Graduation M.E/M.Tech Degree Course
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering|36 seats
- M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering|18 seats
- M.Tech. in Biotechnology|18 seats
- M.Tech. in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering|18 seats
- M.Tech. in Information Technology|18 seats
- M.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engg. (VLSI)|18 seats
- M.Tech. in Renewable Energy|18 seats
Duration : 2 years | Exam Required : GATE
Admissions are made from candidates as per eligibility criteria prescribed by MAKAUT. All applicants for admission to M.Tech. program including those having valid GATE score should sit for a written test for which they have to fill in the application form and submit the same to MAKAUT along with prescribed fee.
Master in Computer Application | MCA
Duration : 3 years | Intake : 60 seats
Admissions are made from candidates who have passed Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline under (10+2+3) system with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects at 10+2 level or at graduate level and having at least 50% marks on an average in the graduation level. Such candidates will have to be qualified in the Joint Entrance Examination (JECA) conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and recommended by the Board. There is a provision of up to 10% of seats to be filled up through Management Quota.
Candidates seeking admission to the first semester of the six-semester MCA course are required to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examination (JECA) for admission to Master of Computer Application conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board.
Highest salary Provided by Microsoft is – 16 lakh
he Cell continuously co-ordinates with various industries and organizations for placement of its students. It has already successfully placed a high percentage of students in industry. It actively obtains feedback from organization and conveys it to respective departments which, in turn, train students accordingly, thereby increasing their hit ratio.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different