- Agricultural education is a broad term which includes disciplines of Agriculture (Agronomy), Veterinary Science, Forestry, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science etc. The B.Sc. in Agriculture degree in India is typically a 4-year course under credit based semester system.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) conducts All India Entrance Examination to shortlist aspirants for admission in undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in agriculture and allied sciences. ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for admission (AIEEA) to fill 15% seats in Bachelor’s degree programmes.
- Apart from that, on the basis of AIEEA UG aspirants are awarded “National Talent Scholarships in agriculture & allied science subjects (other than veterinary science) in agricultural universities and 15% seats in dairy technology at NDRI Karnal”, informs the official website.
- Aspirants applying for admission in UG programmes basis their performance in AIEEA UG exam can secure admission in 11 bachelor’s degree programmes. For convenience, AIEEA UG exam is divided into two streams. The bachelor’s degree programmes offered under each of these streams are as mentioned below:
|Stream A: Agriculture/Biology||Stream B: Mathematics|
|Fisheries||Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation|
|Home Science||Food Science|
- Candidates appearing for AIEEA PG exam are offered admission to fill 25% seats in masters programmes [100% seats in ICAR-Deemed to be Universities (DUs)] as well as doctoral programmes offered at accredited Agricultural Universities (except the four ICAR-DUs).
- The official website of ICAR AIEEA further informs: “Through AIEEA-PG, 475 ICAR PG Scholarships and through AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS), 202 fellowships are also awarded. Those candidates who do not get ICAR PG Scholarships are awarded NTS (PGS) provided they take admission outside their state of domicile”.
- As per an aspirant’s performance in AIEEA PG exam they can secure admission in master’s degree programmes offered in 95 sub-subjects which fall under the below mentioned 20 major subject groups:
|Plant Biotechnology||Water Science & Technology|
|Plant Sciences||Home Science|
|Physical Science||Animal Biotechnology|
|Entomology and Nematology||Veterinary Science|
|Social Sciences||Fisheries Science|
|Statistical Sciences||Dairy Science|
|Forestry/Agroforestry and Silviculture||Food Science Technology|
|Agricultural Engineering & Technology||Agri-Business Management|
ICAR AIEEA 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates meet AIEEA UG eligibility criteria if they fulfill the below mentioned requirements:
- Age & Nationality | Aspirants are eligible to apply for AIEEA UG 2018 if they are Indian Nationals and atleast 16 years of age as on August 31, 2018.
- Candidate should have cleared 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or equivalent exam from a recognized Indian Board after 12 years of study such that in the last two years of the 10+2 pattern of education they should have studied Physics, Chemistry and any one of the subjects from Biology/ Mathematics/ Agriculture/Home Science. Aspirants should have English as a subject of study and cleared the same in their 10+2 exam.
- Candidates should have cleared their qualifying examination with not less than 50% aggregate if they belong to General, OBC and UPS categories. The minimum percentage to be scored in qualifying examination by SC, ST and PC category students for admission is 40%.
|UG programme||Eligibility Criteria|
|Subjects to be attempted in Entrance Examination|
|Stream A – Agriculture/Biology|
|Agriculture||PCB/PCMB/PCA/ Inter (Agri.)with PC/Inter (Agri.)*||PCB/PCA|
|Horticulture||PCB/PCMB/PCA/ Inter (Agri.)|
PCA/ Inter (Agri.) with PC
|Fisheries||PCB/PCMB/PCA/ Inter (Agri.) with PC||PCB/PCA|
(Medical fitness may be required by some universities)
|Home Science||PCB/PCMB/ PCA/PCH/ Inter (Agri.) with PC**||PCB/PCA|
|Sericulture||PCB/PCMB/ PCA/ Inter (Agri.) with PC||PCB/PCA|
|Bio- technology||PCB/PCMB/PCA/ Inter (Agri.) with PC||PCB/PCA|
|Stream B – Mathematics|
|Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation||PCMB/PCM||PCM|
|P = Physics|
C = Chemistry
B = Biology
M = Mathematics
A = Agriculture
H = Home Science
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top 100 Engineering College India | Admission in Best Engineering College | MHRD | NIRF Ranking 2019
- Top 100 Medical Colleges India | Admission in Best Medical College India In NEET 2019
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.