- Address | TRIBHUVAN UNIVERSITY,MAHARAJGUNJ,P.O.BOX 1524,KATHMANDU, NEPAL
- Year of Establishment | 1972
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Tribhuvan University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized
- Introduction | The Institute of Medicine (IOM) was established in 1972 under Tribhuvan University with the mandate and the responsibility of training all the categories of health manpower needed in the country. Within the first decade of its establishment. it developed a total of 12 campuses scattered over the country out of which 3 campuses were in Kathmandu and 9 campuses were outside the Kathmandu Valley.
Institute of Medicine (IOM) was established with the following goals:
- Production of human resources for health services
- Provide health services through its health institutions
- Conduct research in health sciences
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal | For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Tribhuvan University Entrance
- Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Eligible candidates must face the competitive entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Medicine (IoM), Tribhuvan University; and must secure a minimum of 50% of marks in the entrance examination for getting admission in the MBBS and BDS Program of the KIST Medical College.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
Post Graduate Courses
- Postgraduate level | 26 (MDs in General practice, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pathology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Radiodignosis, Anesthesiology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Clinical anatomy, Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Physiology and MSs in General Surgery, Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, ENT and Head and Neck Surgery, Master’s in Medical lab technical in microbiology, M Sc in biochemistry, Master’s in Public Health, M. Phil. in Clinical Psychology, MN in adult nursing, women health and development and Pediatric Nursing)
- Master of Chirurgie (M Ch) programme | 4 (Surgical Gastro Enterology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery)
- Doctorate in Medicine (DM) Programme | 4 (Gastro Enterology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular, Neurology and Nephrology)
Fees Structure 2018
Program SAARC Out of SAARC
- MD/MS (Clinical) $ 6000 (Yearly) $ 8000 (Yearly)
- MD/MS Biochemistry $ 5500 ” $ 7500 ”
- MD/MS Microbiology $ 5500 ” $ 7500 ”
- MD Anatomy $ 4500 ” $ 4500 ”
- MD Pharmacology $ 4500 ” $ 4500 ”
- MD Physiology $ 4500 ” $ 4500 ”
- MD Forensic Medicine $ 4500 ” $ 4500 ”
- MBBS $ 50,000 pacg $ 60,000 pacg
- BAMS $ 16,000 pacg $ 18,000 pacg
- B. Pharma $ 12,000 pacg $ 16,000 pacg
Top Searched Links By College4u.in