- Address | Patharagadia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751024.
- Year of Establishment : 2007 | Dated 18/06/2007 | Bhubaneswar | Odisha | India
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Deemed University
- Accrediated by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade with a CGPA of 3.62 | ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Affiliated University | KIIT University (Deemed), Bhubaneswar
- Entrance Test Required For Admission in KIMS | NEET
- MCI status | Recognized for 100 seats when degree granted on or after Aug.12.Restrained from increase of intake of students from 100 to 150 for 2016-17.(Previously under Utkal University before July 2014)|
Introduction | The idea of a medical college was conceived by Achyuta Samanta. Construction of the college building was completed in 2004, the faculties were appointed. Initially, the hospital was a makeshift facility in the Godown area of the former MAGNETIC company.
This hospital was extended to take up more indoor patients and service was improved.In June 2005 the new hospital building was complete. The hospital acquired new equipment like a CT scan.2006 saw the beginning of the inspection processes by the MCI and in June 2007 KIMS was formally given permission to start MBBS course.The institute was earlier affiliated to Utkal University, however in 2009 in came under the ambit of KIIT University. In 2013, KIMS got permanent affiliation from Medical Council of India (MCI).
MBBS | Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Surgery
- MBBS Intake Seats | 100
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS | NEET
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Age Limit | The lower age shall be 17 years as on December 31, 2016. The upper age shall be 25 years .The upper age limit may be relaxed by three years for SC/ST candidates.
- Qualification | Pass in +2 or appearing in 2012 examination of CHSE, Orissa or equivalent, with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Botany and Zoology) with at least 50% marks in aggregate (Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together) for general category candidates and 40% marks in aggregate for SC/ST candidates. For candidates seeking admission through JEE to Govt. and Private Colleges the candidate must be a permanent resident/native of Odisha.Group of Subjects Specified:English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology.
- Post graduate MD/MS Intake Seats | 18
- Duration : 3 years
- Eligibility | PG MD/MS | NEET
- i) Candidate should have obtained MBBS Degree from a MCI recognized institution.
ii) Candidate should have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination before 30th April of the Academic year.
Post Graduate MD/MS Sanctioned Intake
- MD – Bio-Chemistry 2
- MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine 6
- MD – Anatomy 2
- MD – Pharmacology 2
- MD – Physiology 2
- MD – Pathology 2
- MD/MS – Microbiology 2
Description | Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences | KIMS
The Medical College
Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), a constituent of KIIT University, offers a unique combination of experience and expertise. Located in an ultra-modern and eco-friendly campus, it has three wings-The Hospital, the Medical College (for MBBS & MD courses) and Biomedical Technology Unit. The Medical College offers MBBS course at the undergraduate level with an annual intake of 100 students. A high academic standard is maintained by an experienced and dedicated team of Professors, Clinicians and Scientists, who are engaged in teaching, research and developing technologies in health care. The course is approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and Medical Council of India (MCI). The Medical College has 21 academic departments, providing the study, treatment and prevention of human diseases and maternity care.
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) a constituent of KIIT University, offers a unique combination of experience and expertise.Located in an ultra-modern and eco-friendly campus, it has two wings – The Hospital and The Medical College (for MBBS & M.D. courses). ‘The Medical College’ offers MBBS course at the undergraduate level with an annual intake of 100 students as well as M.D. Course at postgraduate level. A high academic standard is maintained by an experienced and dedicated team of professors, clinicians and scientists, who are engaged in teaching research and developing technologies in health care. The courses are approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India and the Medical Council of India(MCI). The Medical College has 21 academic departments, providing the study, treatment and prevention of human diseases and maternity care.Admission to the M.B.B.S. Course is through NEET, an all India entrance test.
Medical College Top Searched Links By College4u.in