- Address | No.1, Tank Bund Road, Mahalingapuram, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034
- Admissions Process | Admission to the two-year, full-time MBA is through the XAT examination conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. Since academic year 2012, LIBA has also accepted CAT scores. Candidates applying to LIBA will be short-listed on the basis of their XAT and CAT scores. Final selection of short-listed candidates is based on a group discussion and a personal interview; these are held at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- Year of Establishment | 1979
- Approved By : AICTE , University of Madras
- Ranking | LIBA has been consistently ranked among the best business schools in the country according to surveys conducted by leading magazines in the country. Some of the awards received are
- B-School with Industry Related Curriculum in Human Resources – Dewang Mehta Business School Awards
- Business School that Encourages Leadership as a part of the Curriculum – Dewang Mehta Business School Awards
- Business School with Best Academic Input (Syllabus) in Finance – Dewang Mehta Business School Awards
- Best Management Student (First Runner Up) – Dewang Mehta Business School Awards
- Outstanding B-School in Marketing (South) Impact – Marketing, Advertising and Media Weekly
- Best Student in Management: Southern India Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Business School with Best Industry Interface: Asia’s Best B-School Awards – CMO Asia and Stars of the Industry Awards (Partners: CMO Council, Wall Street Journal Asia, Fun & Joy at Work)
- Fourth Best Private B-School – Hindustan Times
Loyola Institute of Business Administration,Chennai,Tamilnadu
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) when established in 1979 had a three-year, part-time PGDBM program catering to the needs of business executives in and around Chennai. This program was approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Since 1995 LIBA has offered a two-year, full-time PGDM program, approved by the AICTE and recognized as equivalent to an MBA degree by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). LIBA also offers a full-time MBA (PGDM) program (2 years), part-time MBA (PGBM) program (3 years), various executive diploma courses, and certificate programs in various management subjects. It is a resource center for doctoral programs offered in affiliation with the University of Madras.
LIBA ranked 9th in Business Today-Nielsen Survey 2009 which ranks Management Institutes in India. LIBA collaborates with several universities overseas.
Brief About Programme in Loyola Institute of Business
- 1.Full-Time PGDM Programme
- Duration : 2 yrs
- The PGDM programme consists of 145 credits, including the summer project and workshops. The first year of the course presents students with a comprehensive view of the management discipline and a broad perspective of the corporate environment. A sound foundation is laid for advance learning in the second year. All the core courses offered in the first year are required to be taken.
2.Part-Time PGDM Programme
- Duration : 3 yrs
- The postgraduate programme in management leading to the Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), spread over three years, comprises nine terms, each approximately of three months’ duration. The classes are held from 6:45 pm to 8:30 pm from Monday through Thursday. The programme includes 36 courses – 30 compulsory courses of 3 credits each and 6 elective courses of 3 credits each totalling to 108 credits.
3.Executive Diploma Programme
- LIBA has grown since its inception and now has its research institute. The University of Madras has granted recognition to LIBA as a Centre for conducting Research leading to Ph.D. Degree in Business Administration. The uniqueness of the programme is that unlike other major business schools who offer only a Fellow Programme, LIBA offers a Ph.D. degree in affiliation with the University of Madras. LIBA is the first B-school to be recognized by the University of Madras to conduct Doctoral programmes in Business Administration.
- Duration : 8 weeks
- Eligibility:The applicant must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline or a professional qualification recognized as equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree. Candidates with work experience will receive preference in admission.
- Certificate in Basics of Business and HR Analytics
- Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Certificate in Finance
- Certificate in Information Security, Controls & Audit of Business Information Systems
- Certificate in Management of Human Resources
- Certificate in Project Management
- Certificate in Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management
6.Management Development Programme
- MDC conducts programmes for the working professionals that are designed to provide timely learning interventions that help them up-skill and progress in their careers. These programmes are targeted at specific areas of business management with a view to increasing the overall effectiveness in the area.Programmes are offered from time to time across multiple business areas, for different seniority levels, in business. This ensures that the learning solutions and programmes of the MDC remain relevant to the dynamic business environment.
7.International Collaborations Programs
- LIBA has established linkages through MoUs with renowned business schools in the United States, Europe, Australia, China and South America. Based on mutual recognition, these linkages provide excellent opportunities to the students and faculty of LIBA for study, research and other joint academic pursuits. In keeping with the spirit of globalisation, these linkages are aimed to promote international understanding and friendship. As of now, LIBA has signed MoUs with the following business schools.
- LIBA through memorandums of understanding collaborates with renowned business schools in the United States, Europe, Australia, China, and South America. Based on mutual recognition, these institutions provide opportunities for curriculum revision, student exchange, faculty exchange, and joint research.
- Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, USA
- Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Occidente, Mexico
- Bordeaux School of Management, France
- IESEG School of Management, France
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- University of Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Washington Centre for Internships & Academic Seminars, USA
- Universitas Sanata Dharma, Indonesia
- Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- ICHEC Brussels Management School, Belgium
- Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Germany
- Beijing Dongfang University, China
- University of Bath, UK
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Zhengzhou University, China
- University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Average Salary for Final Placements:
Rs.8 lakhs per annum
- Average Stipend for Summer Internship:
Rs.16000 per month
- Placement is primarily intended for the two-year full-time batches. Corporates are subsequently slotted for final placement based on the ranking made by students. Finally, placement is organised over the span of a week in December during which the entire graduating batch is placed.
- At the end of the first year, students are required to undertake an industrial project in order to practically apply the theory they have learnt to live issues. The summer internship programme encourages students to undertake research-based projects for a period of 8-10 weeks, in order to gain practical industrial experience. Summer placement is held between September to October and corporates often are present for discussions. Corporates may offer jobs as pre-placement offers (PPO) to students who have performed well during their summer training.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 9036036290 | 9620557598