- Address | Inside Bhavans College Campus, Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400058, India
- Year of Establishment | Founded in 1981
- Entrance Required | CAT 2020
- 240 | 2-year PGDM program
- 120 | 1-year PGPM program
- PGMPW batch commences | Inaugural batch of the Post Graduate Management Programme for Women starts Jan 16, 2017
- Admission Contact | 7411718005
- Approved By | AICTE | NAAC | University of Mumbai | Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
- Is a constituent of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and is recognised as one of the premier business schools of India. SPJIMR sits on a 45-acre campus in the western suburbs of Andheri in Mumbai. The Institute has an annual intake of some 700 students under various programmes. Its oldest programme is the two year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
- Inaugurated in 1981 by the then British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher,SPJIMR had modest beginnings as a small extension of the campus of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.The institute was named after Sahu Shreyans Prasad Jain of the Sahu Jain family, who financed the institution in its early years. At the time of its establishment, SPJIMR was among the three business schools in Mumbai.
- After the financing from the Sahu Jain family stopped, the institute disaffiliated itself from Bombay University to provide itself with more freedom in curriculum decision-making and pedagogy design. SPJIMR is a part of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan and operates out of its campus at Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai.
- SPJIMR’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two-year full-time residential programme equivalent to an MBA. The programme offers specialisations in Finance, Operations, Marketing and Information Management.The programme has consistently been ranked among the top 10 in the country. It is accredited by AICTE.
- The programme has seen much pedagogical experimentation over the years, including social projects and business plans,use of theatre to learn management, Assessment and Development of Managerial Potential (ADMAP, a programme where students participate in the administration of the college)and India-specific cases.SPJIMR does not have a traditional summer internship projects like most other Indian B-schools.Instead, the students are required to work with NGOs in the rural areas during the summer; corporate internships happen during autumn instead.
Post Graduate Programme in Management
- The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM), formerly known as Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), is a 15-month (3 months of foundation courses through web learning), full-time residential programme accredited by the Association of MBAs.
- It offers specialisations in marketing, finance, operations, and information management. The specialisations are chosen at the time of admission. The programme admits working professionals from domains and leading industries to enable knowledge sharing and peer learning. The course starts in January and ends in December.
Post Graduate Certificate in International Management
- The Post Graduate Certificate in International Management (PGCIM) is a full-time residential MBA program with an international focus. As a part of this program students complete first 8 months of their studies in SPJIMR, Mumbai and then complete their international stint at a partner university.
- This program was started by Center of Indo European Business Studies(CIEBS) which was funded by European Union.The MBA program requires minimum of 2 years of work experience ; students with prior international exposure are preferred.
Executive Management Programme
- The Executive Management Programme (EMP) is a non-residential programme, for working professionals, similar to an EMBA, with 60 full-day classes on campus, spread over 21 months and contact sessions. The programme considers graduates with minimum five years of experience,and mandates the support of the candidate’s company.
Family Managed Business programme
- The Family Managed Business (FMB) programme is designed for candidates to lead their family businesses. The duration of the program is two years and includes a foreign visit. The participants spent a week at the institute to learn and the remaining three weeks of the month at their workplace. The duration of the Owner Manager Programme is twelve months. Selection requires sponsorship from the business, a test and a personal interview. The degree awarded is a Post Graduate Programme in Management.
- SPJIMR has entered into collaboration with many corporate entities, academic organisations and non-profits to offer specialised programmes, seminars, workshops and symposiums. The process of course design and deployment is done in collaboration with the industry. For example, in 2003, it rolled out a course on service management by incorporating feedback and guest faculty support from GE, while in 2007, it partnered with Patni Computer Systems to create specialised courses in the area of supply chain management.
- In 2004, SPJIMR partnered with Virginia Tech on a two-year programme titled PGDSM- MIT, which led to a master’s degree in Information Technology from Virginia Tech and Post Graduate Diploma in Systems Management from SPJIMR. The course was later discontinued, since AICTE did not approve this campus-sharing model . The same year, it partnered with Motilal Oswal Securities to conduct a course on equity research. Also in 2004, the institute launched a six-month diploma programme, Women and Political Governance, aimed at educating women who plan to join politics. The course was jointly created by the Times Foundation, Women’s Movement for Peace and Prosperity (WMPP) and SPJIMR.
- In 2007, SPJIMR signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Standard Chartered bank to introduce a special training programme on corporate banking for graduates through Bhavan’s Centre for Inter Disciplinary Studies (BCIDS).
- In 2010, the York University’s Schulich School of Business launched a new masters of business administration (MBA) program at SPJIMR.
|Application opens||1st October|
Interview Dates & Locations (2019)
|Mumbai Phase – I|
|17th January – 20th January|
Young Mens Christian Association
1, Jai Singh Road, Hanuman Road Area,
|31st January – 3rd February|
DM-2, Salt Lake, Sector-V, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
|8th February – 10th February|
The Pride Hotel
93, Richmond Road,
|8th February – 10th February|
|Mumbai Phase – 2 |
|14th February – 17th February|
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Engineering Colleges In India | Genuine Rank Of 100 Engineering College Based On Placement
- Top 100 Engineering College India | Admission in Best Engineering College | MHRD | NIRF Ranking 2019
- Top 100 Medical Colleges India | Admission in Best Medical College India In NEET 2019
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Direct Admission Contact Us For Further Query
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.Admission Possible Only in Private Colleges.