What Is Marine Engineering ?
- Marine engineering includes the engineering of boats, ships, oil rigs and any other marine vessel or structure, as well as oceanographic engineering or ocean engineering.
- Specifically, marine engineering is the discipline of applying engineering sciences, including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, and computer science, to the development, design, operation and maintenance of watercraft propulsion and on-board systems and oceanographic technology.
- It includes but is not limited to power and propulsion plants, machinery, piping, automation and control systems for marine vehicles of any kind, such as surface ships and submarines.
Best And Top Marine Engineering College India
- If you were always fascinated by ships and boats, Marine Engineering is your calling. This engineering stream is concerned with designing, planning, building and maintenance of boats and ships.
- The key skills required for this course are IT skills, designing ability and technical prowess. A candidate, who specializes in this field, needs to be flexible to work on a variety of areas – from ship-building factories to off-shore rigs and on the ships itself.
- They may find employment in a country’s Navy too. For that, you may be required to travel and be at sea for months at a time and away from your loved one. On the flip side, the salaries would be much higher. Marine engineers work in teams or in coordination with many other engineers.
- Minimum 45 percent aggregate marks in 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics (compulsory) and any one of the following subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Electronics.
- You can either get a seat for B.E/B.Tech through competitive examination like JEE 2019 and ComedK 2019 or through the direct admission route.
- The avg. tuition fees per year may range between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh.
- Hostel charges can range between Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 80,000
- Budget estimate for 4 years: Rs. 8 lakh to Rs. 15 lakh (for Comedk / Management quota)
Marine Engineering College In Bangalore/Karnataka
- Mangalore Marine College And Technology | MMCT
- Srinivas Institute of Technology | Mangalore
Top Marine Engineering Colleges In Chennai/Tamil Nadu
- International Maritime Academy
- Vels University School
of Maritime Studies
- GKM College of
Engineering & Technology
- SAMS MARINE
- Academy Of Maritime
- Hindustan Institute of
Maritime Training | HIMT
- Academy Of Maritime
Education And Training
- Indian Maritime
- CMC Maritime
- Maharashtra Academy
of Naval Education & Training
- Tolani Maritime
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute Mumbai
- Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies
- Padmabhushan VasantDada Patil Pratishthan’s College of Engineering
- T. S. Chanakya Indian Maritime University | Navi Mumbai Campus
- Institute Of Maritime Studies | Goa
- Euro Tech Maritime
- Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering
- Marian Engineering College | Kazhakkoottam | Kerala
- College Of Marine Technology | Kochi | Kerala
- Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering | Kochi | Kerala
- Department Of Naval Architecture & Shipbuilding Engineering | SNGCE
- Cochin University of Science and Technology | Kochi | Kerala
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute | Taratala Road | Kolkata
- Seacom Engineering College | Howrah | West Bengal
- Haldia Institute of Maritime Studies and Research | Haldia | West Bengal
- Trident College of Marine Technology
- Neotia Institute of Technology Management and Science | NITMAS
Marine engineering specialties
- Naval architects are concerned with the overall design of the ship and its propulsion through the water.
- Mechanical engineering | Mechanical engineers design the main propulsion plant, the powering and mechanization aspects of the ship functions such as steering, anchoring, cargo handling, heating, ventilation, air conditioning interior and exterior communication, and other related requirements. Electrical power generation and electrical power distribution systems are typically designed by their suppliers; only installation is the design responsibility of the marine engineer.
- Oceanographic engineering | Oceanographic engineering is concerned with mechanical, electrical, and electronic, and computing technology deployed to support oceanography, and also falls under the umbrella of marine engineering, especially in Britain, where it is covered by the same professional organisation, the IMarEST.
- Offshore engineering | Civil engineering for an offshore environment, the design and construction of fixed and floating marine structures, such as oil platforms and offshore wind farms is generally called offshore engineering.
Marine Engineering Job Types
- Engine room
- Engineering officer (ship)
- Marine architecture
- Marine electronics
- Naval architecture
Frequently Asked Question By Students
What exactly does a marine engineer do?
- A marine engineer is someone who designs, builds, tests and repairs ships, boats, underwater craft, offshore platforms, and drilling equipment. They often work closely with naval architects to design everything from small yachts and fishing boats to submarines and aircraft carriers.
How much is the salary of a marine engineer?
- A Bachelor’s degree is generally required for this position. A Marine Engineer gets an average salary that can range from 64000 to 96000 depending on experience and domain knowledge. Marine Engineers receive salaries of Eighty Five Thousand dollars per Annum.
Are marine engineers in demand?
- Demand for Marine Engineers is expected to continue growing about as fast as the national average for all careers. New fields like alternative energy from wind and tides combine with traditional ship design and oil platform work to generate a healthy demand for professional Marine Engineers.
Is there a demand for ocean engineering in the future?
- However, other industries are going to continue to have a high demand for ocean engineers. The field, in general, is expanding. Expansion: … Employment of marine engineers and naval architects is projected to grow 9 percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Engineering Colleges In India | Genuine Rank Of 100 Engineering College Based On Placement
- Top 100 Engineering College India | Admission in Best Engineering College | MHRD | NIRF Ranking 2019
- Top 100 Medical Colleges India | Admission in Best Medical College India In NEET 2019
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Direct Admission Contact Us For Further Query
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.Admission Possible Only in Private Colleges.