- Address | Bhaluhi, Devdaha -8 Rupendehi,Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1993
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | MD | MS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- The International Society for Medical Education Pvt. Ltd (ISME Pvt. Ltd) and the Ministry of Education (MoE) of His Majesty’s Government of Nepal (HMG-Nepal) signed an agreement on 8 August 1993 giving birth to the International Institute of Medical Science (IMIS) at Bharatpur, Chitwan which has undergone a lot of modifications and changes for the need-based health care system of Nepal, in particular to Tarai areas.
- After necessary reorientation, the medical college was re-established as the College of Medical Sciences(CMS) under the aegis of ISME Pvt. Ltd and started operating afresh from 14 December 1995 under the leadership of Professor of Pagadala Rajaram MD DSS PHD (formerly Deputy Director General, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India) who was the first principal of the college. Presently as of January 2015 the principal is Dr. Mathur
- With the modern concept of globalization of medical education as well as hospital care of the patients, the College of Medical Sciences has endeavored to educate the undergraduates with the objective of producing medical personnel of high quality. This institution being premiere medical college in the heart of Nepal;
- besides having very eminent and experienced faculty who are endowed with international fame indulge with a curriculum which is student centered and has learning objectives of wide ranges of subjects. The curriculum is horizontally and vertically integrated and passive lectures are meager. Problem based learning is emphasized and encouraged among the students.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal | For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance | KUMET which will be held in August every year.
- Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Eligibilty for Napalese students | Admissions for self financed Nepalese students are admitted through Kathmandu University’s written medical entrance test (KUMET) held during the month of June/July. The Kathmandu University (KU calls for applications in June-July each year. The advertisements appear in prominent National Dailies. Successful candidates are put on 3 merit lists – A, B & C. The DMCRI invites merit candidates from A.B.C lists for an interview, after which another merit list is drawn up and the admissions are based on this DMCRI merit list.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
Postgraduate in Clinical Sciences
- M.D. General Medicine
- M.D. Paediatrics
- M.D. Anaesthesiology
- M.D. Radio- Diagnosis
- M.D. Dermatology, Venereology & Leprocy
- M.S. General Surgery
- M.S. Orthopaedics
- M.D. Obsterics & Gynaecology
- M.S. Otorhinolaryngology
- M.S. Opthalmology
Super Specialty Courses
- DM. Cardiology, 3 Years
- DM. Neurology, 3 Years
- DM. Nephrology , 3 Years
- DM. Gastro Medicine, 3 Years
- M.Ch. Urology, 3 Years
- M.Ch. Cardio Thorasic & Vascular Surgery , 3 Years
- M.Ch. Gastro Surgery, 3 Years
- M.Ch. Neuro surgery, 3 Years
Top Searched Links By College4u.in