- Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade with a CGPA of 3.62 || ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Address | Athibabbe Road, Near BDA Complex, 30th Main Road, Banashankari Stage II, Banashankari
- Affiliated University | RGUHS | Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science | Bangalore
- Year of Establishment | 1980 | Bangalore | Karnataka | India
- Admissions Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
- Course Offered | MBBS | PG Diploma | MD | MS
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- Entrance Test Required | NEET
- MCI status | Recognized for 120 seats. Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 120 to 150 for 2020-21.
- KIMS was Established in 1980 by the Vokkaligara Sangha. The Vokkaligara Sangha took a formal decision on 2.9.1979 to start a medical college from the year 1980–81 and applied for permission to the registrar, Bangalore University.
- On 30 November 1980 the Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri. R Gundu Rao laid the foundation stone of the Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital in the premises of the Sangha and announced the grant of vacant land in Banashankari to be used for the construction of college building and hostels. Thereafter, the Sangha appointed Dr M Basavaraju, professor of Physiology as the principal on 1 January 1981 and other staff by March 1981 and classes were started regularly from 16 March 1981. Since then 16 March is observed every year as KIMS Day.The Silver Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute was held in 2006. A college building to mark the centenary celebrations of the Vokkaligara Sangha and the Silver Jubilee of KIMS has been built at the Banashankari Campus.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Seats Intake | 150
- Duration | 4 years plus 1 year compulsory rotatory internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS | NEET 2023
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Date of Birth & Age | Minimum age 17 Years and Above are eligible.
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together.
Post graduate MD/MS Intake
- Seats | 96
- Duration : 3 years
- Eligibility | PG MD/MS | PG NEET 2023 | MD/MS Degree and Diploma Courses: A candidate affiliated to this institute and who has passed final year MBBS examination after pursing a study in a medical college recognized by the Medical Council of India, from a recognized Medical College affiliated to any other University recognized as equivalent thereto, and has completed one year compulsory rotating internship in a teaching Institution or other Institution recognized by the Medical Council of india.
PG Specialization 2023 – MD MS Course
- The post graduate specializations of 111 seats of 28 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal. Admissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
- 40% (60 seats) will be filled by the CET examination results for the domicile of Karnataka only. 40% (60 seats) will be filled by the examination results of COMED-K Examination. Both the above admissions will be entirely on merit basis. Of the remaining 15% (22 seats) will be for the N.R.I students and others and 5% (8 seats) will be for institutional preference.
|PG MD MS Intake 2023|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – Emergency Medicine|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Physiology|
|MD – Psychiatry|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD/MS – Anatomy|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopedics|
College In Campus Facilities
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Banks / ATM
- Guest Room
- IT Infrastructure
Top Searched Links By College4u.in For Biology Students After 12th Career Options
- Top Medical College Bangalore | MBBS Admission 2021 | NEET 2021 Updates
- List Of Top Dental College Bangalore | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | B.Pharma Admission 2021
- Top Homeopathic College Karnataka | BHMS Direct Admission 2021
- Top BVSc Colleges In Karnataka | Veterinary Colleges 2021 Ranking
- Top BNYS Colleges in Bangalore | Bachelor of Naturopathy And Yogic Sciences Karnataka
- Unani Medical Colleges in Karnataka | BUMS
- Top Allied Science Colleges In Bangalore | B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Homeopathic BHMS Medical College in Kolkata | West Bengal
- Top Hotel Management College Bangalore | List Of BHM Colleges In Bangalore
Direct Admission Contact Us For Further Query
Contact | 9036036290 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.Admission Possible Only in Private Colleges.