- Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade || ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Address | JNMC ,KLE Univercity Campus, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi, Karnataka 590010
- Year of Establishment | 1963 | Belgum | Karnataka | India
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- Course Offered | MBBS | PG Diploma | MD | MS | DM | MCH
- Affiliated University | KLE University (Deemed) | Belgaum
- Entrance Test Required For Admission in KLE | NEET
- MCI status | Recognized for 150. Recognized for increase of seats from 150 to 200.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Seats | 200
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS | NEET 2022
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Date of Birth & Age | 17 Years & Above are eligible.
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken to gether.The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST, the minimum percentage of marks required for the admission process should be 40% in PCB. Preference will be given to the merit students.
Post graduate MD/MS Intake
- Seats | 193
- Duration : 3 year
- Eligibility | PG MD/MS : NEET | Degree/Diploma Course : A candidate who has passed the MBBS Degree examination after pursuing a study in a Medical College recognized by the Medical council of India of this university or of other recognized Medical College affiliated to any other university, recognized as equivalent thereto, and has completed one year Compulsory Rotating Internship in a teaching institution or other institution recognized by the Medical council of India, and has obtained permanent registration of any Medical Council, shall be eligible for admission provided the candidate for Degree/Diploma.
- The candidate should have also secured at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taking together at KLEU-PGAIET Exam.
Post Graduate MD/MS Sanctioned Intake
- PG Specialization of 39 different courses for 193 seats is available in Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum. Admissions are based on the competitive entrance examination conducted autonomously by KLE University.
- Admission in PG Course – For getting admission into PG Diploma, MD, MS, DM & M.Ch Courses in Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Belgaum, the MBBS graduates have to qualify Common Entrance Test – conducted by KLE University. The admissions of the students is based on the ranks obtained in all India Entrance Examination.
Diploma in Ophthalmic Medicine & Surgery ( DOMS) | 4 Seats
MD MS Intake For 2022 Batch
|DM – Cardiac-Anaes|
|DM – Cardiology|
|DM – Neurology|
|M.Ch – Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery|
|M.Ch – Neuro Surgery|
|M.Ch – Paediatric Surgery|
|M.Ch – Plastic Surgery|
|M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Physiology|
|MD – Psychiatry|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine|
|MD/MS – Anatomy|
|MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
KLE Medical College | Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College | Belgum | Karnataka
- The KLE Society was born in the land of famous dynasties such as the Kadambas, Yadavas, Chalukyas, Peshwas and of freedom fighter Rani Chennamma. Seven selfless dedicated teachers (fondly known as Saptarishis) and three patrons (Founders) identified the immense need to create a strong educational base in the neglected areas of North Karnataka & South Maharashtra and started a school in Belgaum. This is how the KLE Society was born in 1916. Set upon a rare philosophy & fundamental principles of imparting quality education to the needy and the poor, the society has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 98 years. The stage is all set for the centennary celebrations.
- Taking in to account the Yeoman services rendered by the KLE society in each and every field of education and also honoring its efforts, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, on the recommendation of the University Grant Commission (UGC), granted the deemed to be University status; the KLE University was born on 13th April 2006(Link for Notification) and the JNMC became a consttuent unit of the University. Under able leadership of the first Vice- Chancellor, Prof. Dr. C K Kokate, the university achieved a unique distinction of NAAC ‘A’ grade and MHRD ‘A’ Category within five years of its birth.
- The great visionary efforts of Dr. Prabhakar Kore MP, Chancellor, KLE University, Chairman, KLE Society, (ever since 1985 and uninterruptedly till now), which have been pivotal in deciding to march ahead in to the new millennium as a University and thereby opening up the unexplored horizons in the field of health education and health care must be acknowledged for ever.
- Ever since the establishment of the University there has been no looking back regarding the enhancement and sustenance of the quality of education and exploring the new areas in education.
- JNMC is recognized by the Medical Council of India, and also by the Malaysian Medical Council, and listed in W.H.O. directory of World Medical Institutions. The institution boasts of having committed faculty of eminence. The alumni of the college is well placed in medical colleges and research institutes of repute in India and abroad and are considered respectable authorities in their respective specialities- a matter pride to the KLE University.
- The JNMC, the prized possession of the KLE University, and a jewel in the crown of KLE Society, is among the top twenty medical schools in the country as per the national surveys conducted in 2007 and 2013. JNMC is geared to reach a new level of performance and set global standards in the years to come.
- The sprawling 100 acre self contained campus has excellent infrastructure and learning resources that collectively provide a stimulating and enjoyable learning ambience. The hostels accommodate over 2000 boys and girls . Student amenities are within the campus, viz. banks, ATMs, Post office, indoor and out door stadiam, Olympic standard swimming pool, auditorium, garden with musical fountains, prayer places, co-op store, book shop, canteens, parlor etc. The campus is wi-fi, eco-friendly being, mobile free, vehicle free and plastic free. An international standard convention center is going to be inaugurated before the end of 2014- another feather in the cap of the campus.
World Class Museums
- The College has unique museums where medical facts and oddities of the human body are on display. A collection of over 300 dissected specimens and 1000 models are carefully preserved. The human fetus from a month old till its mature stage and other fascinating rarities such as huge tumors removed from the body are exhibited, making it veritable bank of a visual reference. The pathology museum is one of the best in Asia.
- To understand the complexities of and to keep pace with the advances in medical science, experiments and case studies need to be conducted in well equipped laboratories. The College has an array of modern laboratories with state-of the art equipment. Trained staff provide assistance and guidance to the students.
Clinical Skills Lab
- This is a unique facility to train the students using simulation technology. They get hands on opportunity to perform clinical procedures on models, manikins, tissues and simulators. The lab conducts more than sixty workshops in a year for students of JNMC, Pharmacy, Nursing, Ayurveda and Dental colleges.
Department of Medical Education(DOME)
- Advances in health science and research in education technology necessitated the need to establish the DOME in 1980. Acknowledging its quality and identifying its potential, MCI recognized DOME as Regional Training Centre in 2011, and upgraded it to Nodal Centre in 2014.
- DOME conducts several programs viz. Basic and advanced courses in Medical Education Technology(MET), UG, PG & Interns Orientation programs and foundation courses, BLS, ACLS for paramedical workers etc.
- The central library has a rich collection of reference books and journals and a state of the art digital library with high speed connectivity providing access to wide range of e-learning resources.
- 1400 bed KLE Dr. Prabhakar Kore Charitable Hospital, provides free health care in basic specialities to the poor. 1000 bed Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital & Medical Research Centre provides cost effective superspeciality health care services in cardio thoracic & vascular surgery, cardiology, urology, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, neurology, paediatric surgery, cardiac anaesthesiology, nephrology, gastro eneterology, oncology, laparoscopic surgery, diabetology etc . The medical students are exposed to a holistic approach to the full spectrum of science and art of modern medical practice in low as well as high resource settings. This is one of the largest hospitals with 2400 beds under one roof. There are 26 major operation theatres and 240 ICU beds. The hospital is empanelled by many Governmental and Non Governmental health insurance schemes.
- Three primary Health Centre’, at Kinaye,Wantamuri and Handignur and a Urban Health Centre at Rukmini Nagar, have been taken over by the college from the Government under the Public Private Partnership. These Health Centres are completely managed by the College. They provide great opportunity to serve the community, to expose the students to primary level health care delivery and to undertake community based research programs. The college also runs a rural hospital – Dr. Kamal Medical Centre, 150 KMs away at Ankola, Satellite ICUs at Hubli, Gokak & Jamkhandi.
- Behind the reputation of the college, are the solid credentials of an accomplished and experienced faculty imparting quality education through a well-planned curriculum and structured courses. The college faculty has the distinction of receiving the prestigious B C. Roy National Awards for Eminent Medical Teacher and the Hari Om Ashram Alembic Award.
- JNMC Scientific Society
- The scientific society conducts fortnightly clinical meetings where interesting cases of different specialities are discussed resulting in widening the perspective of the clinicians and breaking the barriers between the specialities for the benefit of the learners and the patients. An annual CME is a regular activity of the society for the last 30 years to update mainly the practicing family physicains. A scientific quarterly journal is published for the last 40 years; it is a peer reviewed journal and is attracting papers from all over India and abroad.
Collaborations and Research Potential:
- The high standards maintained by the College have attracted students from all over the world. Several collaborations with ICMR, WHO,NIH, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA, University of Missouri, Kansas City, USA, for teaching and research, have vastly enhanced the reputation of the College. The college is engaged in several funded research projects and has published papers in refereed national and international journals of high impact factior. Yet another testimony comes from the Chief Minister of Perak, Malaysia, who acknowledged the high academic caliber of the institution by signing an MOU to set up a similar college in Malaysia.
Students’ Association and Mentor ship Program:
- The college encourages the students association to organise several cultural, literary and sports activities under the guidance of the faculty. Spiritual leaders are invited to deliver motivating talks. Popular and National Festivals are celebrated. Thus the college provides full opportunity to facilitate overall and holistic development of the students into culturally sensitive and socially responsible, good citizens which is as important as graduating from a medical college.
- The mentorship program is another ‘student friendly’ program; the mentors perform the role of local guardians, monitor the students assigned to them and provide personal and academic counselling.
College In Campus Facilities
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Banks / ATM
- Guest Room
- IT Infrastructure
Top Searched Links By College4u.in For Biology Students After 12th Career Options
- Top Medical College Bangalore | MBBS Admission 2021 | NEET 2021 Updates
- List Of Top Dental College Bangalore | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | B.Pharma Admission 2021
- Top Homeopathic College Karnataka | BHMS Direct Admission 2021
- Top BVSc Colleges In Karnataka | Veterinary Colleges 2021 Ranking
- Top BNYS Colleges in Bangalore | Bachelor of Naturopathy And Yogic Sciences Karnataka
- Unani Medical Colleges in Karnataka | BUMS
- Top Allied Science Colleges In Bangalore | B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Homeopathic BHMS Medical College in Kolkata | West Bengal
- Top Hotel Management College Bangalore | List Of BHM Colleges In Bangalore
Direct Admission Contact Us For Further Query
Contact | 9036036290 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.Admission Possible Only in Private Colleges.