- Address | Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital, Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra 411018
- Year of Establishment | 2000 | Pune | Maharastra
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Deemed University
- Affiliated To | D Y Patil Deemed University
- DCI Status | Recognised by The Dental Council Of India.
- Recognised by | Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, and the Government of Maharashtra.
The Dental College & Hospital (DYPDCH) was established 22nd October in the year 2000 and is a constituent unit of Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Pimpri, Pune. The college is recognised by the Dental Council of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, and the Government of Maharashtra.
The mission of the college is to provide quality education and advanced training to the students, thus producing competent dental graduates and postgraduates, who have sound knowledge and excellent skills for rendering the best of oral health care to the society. The intake capacity of the college is 100 students per year for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) programme and 49 students for the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) programme. The college boasts of its highly qualified and experienced faculty. All the nine specialities are more than adequately manned by professors, Associate Professors, Lecturers, Assistant Lecturers and Dental Surgeons as compared to the DCI Norms.
The college is housed in spacious, well-planned building which accommodates all the departments, equipped with ‘state-of-the-art’ facilities. The well-equipped laboratories and infrastructural facilities are inseparable parts of the excellent academic activities. The Dr. D. Y. Patil University has set up the college to be one of the premier dental institutes of the world.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery | BDS
- BDS Intake Seats | 100
- Duration | 4 year academic course followed by 1 year of internship.
- Eligibility | BdS : NEET
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Age Limit | 17 years And Above . Only those whose date of birth falls on or before 31 December are eligible.
- Qualification | 12th or (10+2) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English. Minimum 50% Marks
- PG MDS Intake Seats | 49
- Duration | MDS 3 years
Eligibility | MDS : NEET
- Candidate should have obtained BDS Degree from a DCI recognized institution.
- BDS with 1 year compulsory internship completed by May 2017
|1||Oral Medicine, Diagnosis & Radiology||4||Recognized|
|2||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||8||Recognized|
|3||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||8||Recognized|
|6||Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge||6||Recognized|
|7||Oral Pathology & Microbiology||4||Recognized|
|9||Community Dentistry & Preventive Dentistry||2||Recognized|