- Address | Clinical Science Complex, Sinamangal Rd, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1997
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal | Medical Council of India .
- Course Offered | MBBS | MD | MS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- Kathmandu Medical College And Teaching Hospital (KMCTH) is a medical school located in Kathmandu the capital city of Nepal.
- Established in 1997, KMC is a private medical college in Nepal. The college is permanently affiliated to Kathmandu University and fully recognised by the Medical Council of Nepal, Sri Lankan Medical Council, General Medical Council (UK) and Medical Council of India. Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital has also been listed in the WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools electronic format as from June 2002. Following full recognition by NMC, KMCTH is also listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED). KMC is an Associate Member of the Network Towards Unity for Health (TUFH) that has its headquarters at Glent in Belgium.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
- Bsc. in Nursing
All Course Intake Capacity
- MD/MS in all specialty (Pre-Clinical & Clinical) from February 2013
- MBBS from August 2007, current intake 135 students
- BDS from August 2011, current intake 50 students
- B. Sc. Nursing from August 2010, current intake 30 students
- B. N. S. from February 2012, current intake 40 intake
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- KMC is a private college in Nepal affiliated To KU. Many unofficial ranking of medical colleges of Nepal, puts KMC at 3rd place after one governmental and one semigovernmental institute. Around 115 students are enrolled annually among which 20 are selected from Ministry Of Education, Nepal under Scholarship category. The rest 95 are selected strictly from merit basis of KUMET exam.
- The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a four and a half year integrated program followed by a compulsory internship training of one year. The standards and criteria adopted by KMC are in strict adherence to the requirements of Nepal Medical Council and Kathmandu University. The first two academic years focus on basic medical science with interdepartmental integration as well as clinical and community correlation. A holistic approach to health and health care system in Nepal is taken. The course starts in August every academic year.
- Intake Seats | 135
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS | NEET 2018
- Citizenship | Nepal , Indian nationals and International Candidate
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Around 135 students are enrolled Annually for MBBS program. Candidates who have completed 17 years of age at the time of their applications and who fulfill the following criteria are eligible to apply for the MBBS programme at KMC.
- Completed 10+2 years of education or Intermediate of Science (I.Sc) or equivalent, with English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects and having secured not less than 50% marks in the subjects mentioned above put together and an overall aggregate of 50%.
- or Completed the Bachelor of Science degree (B.Sc) recognised by the University, with one of the following subjects viz. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and at least one other prescribed science subject of study up to the ancillary level and having scored not less than an overall aggregate of 50% marks, provided that such candidates shall have passed the earlier qualifying examination (10+2 or an equivalent examination) with the subjects of English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Applications from eligible students for the MBBS programme should be made during the months of April to August each year. Resident Nepali students are required to have passed KUMET examination and should submit the application form and relevant documents to Kathmandu Medical College. Non Resident Nepali students and foreign students may forward their application together with attested copies of their testimonials addressed to the principal of Kathmandu Medical College.
PG Course in KMC
- The MD (Pathology) was started from 2003. MD/MS in clinical areas Medicine, Surgery, Pediatric, Gyane/Obs and Anesthesia started from February 2009. Newly qualified graduates of Kathmandu Medical College can sit for Part-1 examination being conducted in October and March.
- After passing the examination, fellowship is available at Kathmandu Medical College in five different areas. Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital is recognized as a center for the training of fellowship of the college of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (CPSP) in five specialties. Candidates who have passed the CPSP part-1 should apply to Kathmandu Medical College for a post at the teaching hospital. There are presently 34 slots available in the specialties concerned.
- Kathmandu Medical College & Teaching Hospital (KMCTH) is situated at 184 Baburam Acharya Sadak Sinamangal, Kathmandu, Nepal. There are 900 beds including general and cabin.
- KMC has 24 hours Emergency/Pathology services/X-Ray services, CT-Scan, USG, TMT, PFT, spirometer, colonoscopy, colposcopy, laryngoscope, Endoscopic/Bronchoscopy services, laparoscopy, ICU,CCU, NICU, Major and Minor operation facilities – 9 operation theatres including one in Emergency Lab facilities are available. Newly constructed OB/Gyn operation theater and Neurosurgery operation theatre are running from 2071 BS. Special clinics like Cardiodiabetic and Well Baby Care clinics are operated. Childhood Asthma Clinic, Hemophilia Care Clinic and many other superspeciality clinic are also in operation. Complexes on sinamangal continues to expand after the addition of Dr. Pushkar Nath Pant memorial building, which houses paying OPDs, paying wards and two new fully audio visual equipped lecture halls of 150 capacity. New exterior design of the two buildings at the gate gives the hospital a different look than before.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in