- Address | Tankisinwari Biratnagar, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1998
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- Dhulikhel Medical Institute (DMI ), in Dhulikhel, Nepal, was created in 1998 through a partnership between Dhulikhel Hospital,Kathmandu University, and Til Ganga Eye Care Centre with the assistance of DANIDA, Dhulikhel Municipality Quality Education Project. It is an autonomous, independent training institution established to train different faculties of health manpower.
- The first graduation ceremony of DMI was in 2002 January. There were eleven students: four in Nursing, six in General Medicine and one in Clinical Health Laboratory. There are currently about 300 students in nursing, general medicine, clinical health laboratory, ophthalmology and physiotherapy. A Diploma in Health Sciences is granted by Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences after the successful completion of the three-year academic course. The graduated students from DMI are providing services in different parts of Nepal as well as many other foreign countries.
- Dhulikhel Medical Institute is providing quality education and training in different faculties.
- General Medicine
- Clinical Health Laboratory
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal | For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance | KUMET which will be held in August every year.
- Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Eligibilty for Napalese students | Admissions for self financed Nepalese students are admitted through Kathmandu University’s written medical entrance test (KUMET) held during the month of June/July. The Kathmandu University (KU calls for applications in June-July each year. The advertisements appear in prominent National Dailies. Successful candidates are put on 3 merit lists – A, B & C. The DMCRI invites merit candidates from A.B.C lists for an interview, after which another merit list is drawn up and the admissions are based on this DMCRI merit list.
Eligibility for Indian Students
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
Eligibility for International Students
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
Fees Structure |MBBS 2018
- Total Package – 46 Lakh
- First Year Fess – 25
- First Year Fess – 7
- First Year Fess – 7
- First Year Fess – 7
Top Searched Links By College4u.in