- Accrediated by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade
- Autonomous institute
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Address | BIET, Davangere, Karnataka 577005, India
- Establishment | 1979
- Approved By : AICTE | VTU | NBA | NAAC |
Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology | Davangere (BIET)
is an Engineering and Technology institute located in the city of Davangere, Karnataka, India. The College houses around 18 different departments. It offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in 12 Engineering Disciplines, Master of Technology in 5 specializations, Master of Computer Applications and Master of Business Administration degrees. Thirteen of its departments have been recognized as research centers and 12 departments have been accredited by National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi. It began offering courses from the academic year 1979-1980 and is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). National River Conservation Directorate, under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, has recognized the institute as a “Reputed Scientific Institute”. The college is administered by Bapuji Educational Association, Davangere which owns a chain of Educational institutions across Davangere city.
B.E/B Tech Course Offered in (BIET)
The college offers four-year undergraduate degrees in 12 Disciplines of engineering:
- Chemical Engineering | 30 seats
- Bio-Technology | 60 seats
- Biomedical engineering
- Information Science and Engineering | 120 seast
- Civil Engineering | 120 seats
- Mechanical Engineering | 120 seats
- Industrial Production Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering | 60 seats
- Electronics and Communication Engineering | 120 seats
- Textile Technology | 40 seats
- Computer Science and Engineering | 120 seats
- Instrumentation Technology | 30 seats
Duration : 4 years
A pass in II PUC/Intermediate/10+2 or any other equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology/Electronics as optional subjects with English as one of the languages of study with an minimum aggregate of 45% marks in the optional subjects (40% of marks for SC.ST.CAT-1 and OBC category).
M.E/M Tech Course Offered in (BIET)
The institute offers the following post graduate courses:
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering | 18 seats
- M.Tech in Machine Design Engineering | 18 seats
- M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering | 24 seats
- M.Tech in Thermal Power Engineering | 18 seats
- M.Tech in Textile Technology | 18 seats
- M.Tech in Structural Engineering | 24 seats
Admission is open to all candidates who have passed B.E. / B.Tech examinations (in relevant field) of VTU or any other University recognised by this University or any other examinations recognised by this University as equivalent with not less than 50% (45% in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST) of the marks in the aggregate in the examinations of the semester considered for the declaration of class.
The selection is based on the performance in the qualifying examination, written test and personal interview. Preference will be given to candidates qualified in GATE.
- Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A)
Intake : 60 seats
A pass in Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of three years duration with not less than 50% of marks in the aggregate of all the years (45% for sc/st category) provided that 50% of marks in Mathematics or statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects at Degree/10+2 Level (45% for sc/st).
Note: PGCET/K MAT/AIEEE/GATE Rank/ score is required for Management quota admission also.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
Intake : 180 seats
Elligibility | A pass in Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of three years duration with not less than 50% of marks in the aggregate of all the years (45% for sc/st category) provided that 50% of marks in Mathematics or statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects at Degree/10+2 Level (45% for sc/st).
Note: PGCET/K MAT score is required for Management quota admission also.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different