- Address | Dr. T. Thimmaiah Road, Oorgaum, Kolar Gold Fields, Karnataka 563120.
- Courses Offered : B.E/B.Tech|M.E/M.Tech| MCA
- Rankings In Karnataka : Rank 23
- Established | 1986 | Bangalore | Karnataka | India
- Affiliated | VTU
- Exam Required for Admission | COMEDK
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Autonomous
- Approved By | AICTE | VTU | NBA | NAAC
- Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology (Formerly Known as Golden Valley Institute of Technology – GVIT) was started in the year 1986 at Kolar Gold Fields by Dr. T. Thimmaiah, Ph. D., (London), IAS (Retired), as the founder President under the aegis of Golden Valley Educational Trust, with the sole purpose of imparting quality technical education.
- Dr. T. Thimmaiah Institute of Technology is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), in Karnataka and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and at present offers Degree Courses in Engineering as given below.
Course Offered in B.E/B.Tech
- BE – Mining Engineering
- BE – Civil Engineering
- BE – Computer Science Engineering
- BE – Electrical Electronics Engineering
- BE – Electronics Communication Engineering
- BE – Mechanical Engineering
- Duration | 4 years (8 semesters)
- Eligibility | 2nd PUC/12th Std/equivalent examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with English as one of the languages and obtained 45%of marks inaggregate in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the following subjects: Chemistry/Biology/ Biotechnology/Computer Science/Electronics.In case of candidates belonging to Karnataka SC/ST and other backward classes( Category 1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B), the minimum marks for eligibility will be 40% in aggregate in optional subjects in qualifying examination.
Course Offered in M.E/M.Tech
- M. Tech in Machine Design (Mechanical)
- Digital Communication & Networking (Electronics)
- Duration | 2 Years
- Pass in B.E. / B. Tech examination with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in relevant field of VTU or any other university / institution or any other examination recognized as equivalent. PGCET/eligible GATE score compulsory.
- A.M.I.E qualification in respective branches shall be equivalent to B.E/B. Tech courses of VTU for admission to M-Tech.Equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities is a must in case of foreign degrees.
- In case of candidates belonging to SC, ST and category1, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall not be less than 45%.
- Candidates with degree from distance mode of education are not eligible under any quota, i.e Govt / Management.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 9036036290 | 9620557598