- Address | Campus Roads, University of Mysore Campus, Mysuru, Karnataka 570006
- Establishment | 1963 | Bangalore | Karnataka | India
- College type | Self-financing | non-minority
- Course Offered | B.E/B.Tech | M.Tech | MBA | MCA
- Approved By | AICTE | NAAC | VTU
- JSS Science and Technology University, or in its full name Jagadguru Sri Shivarathreeshwara Science and Technology University, formerly Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE), is a private university located in Mysore, Karnataka, India. Established in 1963, SJCE has 12 departments in engineering, a Master of Computer Applications department. It was affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, but now it’s a part of JSS Science and Technology University from 2016 – 2017 academic year.The undergraduate courses were granted academic autonomy by Visvesvaraya Technological University. SJCE is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), all its departments are accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). It was founded and is managed by the JSS Mahavidyapeetha.
Undergraduate Program (U.G) | B.E/B.Tech Program
- Students who have passed PUC/10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology, with at least 45% of marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
- Lateral Entry to Second Year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E): Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution; with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology.
Under Graduate in Engineering (regular course)
- 95 % of the seats will be filled by Government of Karnataka through Karnataka Examination Authority in aided courses.
- 50% of the seats will be filled by Government of Karnataka through Karnataka Examination Authority in unaided courses.
- Following is the list of under graduate courses (Regular) offered at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE):
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication engineering
- Instrument Technology
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Polymer Science and Technology
- Information Science and Engineering
- Construction Technology and Management
Under Graduate in Engineering | evening course
This course is applicable to employed diploma holders. All the seats will be filled by Government of Karnataka through Common Entrance Test. Following is the list of under graduate courses (Evening) offered at SJCE:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Computer Science and Engineering
Postgraduate & Research Programmes (P.G) | M.Tech Program
- In case of M.Tech aided course, all the seats will be filled by Government of Karnataka through Karnataka Examination Authority.
- In case of M.Tech unaided course, all the seats will be filled by Government of Karnataka through Karnataka Examination Authority.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) | Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration. The Candidates need to have passed the prescribed qualifying exam with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of all years of the degree examinations. 50% of the total intake to be filled by PGCET and 50% by the Management.
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA) | Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration with Mathematics at 10+2 level. The Candidates need to have passed the prescribed qualifying exam with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of all years of the degree examinations. 50% of the total intake to be filled by PGCET and 50% by the Management.
- Master of Technology (MTech) | Open to all students who have passed B.E / B.Tech examination / AMIE(relevant field ) of VTU or any other university/institution. The Candidates need to have passed the prescribed qualifying exam with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of all years of the degree examinations. The details of Admission of Government seats is available at http://kea.kar.nic.in
- M.Tech in Industrial Electronics<>M.Tech in Industrial Structures
- M.Tech in Network & Internet Engineering
- M.Tech in Automotive Electronics
- M.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- M.Tech in Maintenance Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Engineering
- M.Tech in Soft Engineering
- M.Tech in Bio Medical Signal Processing & Instrumentation
- M.Tech in Energy System & Management
- M.Tech in Health Science & Water Engineering
- M.Tech in Polymer Science
- M.Tech in Bio Technology
- Master of Engineering Management
- Master of Business Administration
- M.Tech in Material Science
- M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Master of Computer Applications
• M.Sc. [Engg] by research- All Engineering Departments
• Ph.D. Programmes – All Departments
• Sponsored Research Projects
- Hostels | The College has separate hostel facilities for about 500 boys and 210 girls. The boys’ hostel is located in the college premises, in H Block, L Block, M Block, PG Block and GH Block, all located on the north-end of the campus. The hostel runs a mess. A separate TV room and reading room are provided in the Boys’ Hostel. The girls hostel is located on the south-end of the campus. Another girls hostel is located approximately 3 Kilometres away from the college, in Hootagalli industrial estate.
- Health care | A Health Care Unit has been provided on the campus with a qualified physician. The centre works between 10.00 a.m and 2.00 p.m on all working days.
- Scholarships and awards | SJCE offers scholarships and awards to students for their future education, and benefits based on their performance. The eligible students can apply for fee concession or scholarship. Endowment scholarships are also available.
- Library and Information Centre | The centre is equipped with over 70,000 volumes related to science and engineering, encyclopedias, dictionaries, and over a hundred magazines and journals every month. It has a collection of ISI specifications, Project Reports and Dissertations, Doctoral Thesis and Proceedings of Conferences and Monographs. It provides audio visual facilities, photo copying facilities, and a book bank.
- Auditorium | The auditorium Hall, located on one side of the staff room besides the civil engineering department, can accommodate 300 people. Complete with videorama, slide projector, LCD and overhead projector, and sound system, it is used for seminars, meetings, group use of audiovisual material, etc
- History | Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering which was the dream child of Dr Sri Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamigalavaru the 23rd pontiff of Suttur Matt was officially inaugurated in 1963 by Dr. T. M. A. Pai, who was the then Chairman of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education. Courses in Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering branches were started first. The first batch of engineering graduates completed their course in 1968. Electronics and Communication branch of engineering was introduced in 1968 followed by bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation in 1978, Computer Science and Engineering during 1982, Polymer Science and Technology in 1992 and Information Science and Engineering in the year 2000.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top 100 Engineering College India | Admission in Best Engineering College | MHRD | NIRF Ranking 2019
- Top 100 Medical Colleges India | Admission in Best Medical College India In NEET 2019
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.