- Address | Pokhara 33700, Nepal
- Year of Establishment | 1994
- Recognized By | Nepal Medical Council (NMC) | Nepal and Ministry of Health, Nepal
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | Kathmandu University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized | Medical Council of Nepal, Sri Lanka, and other countries. It is also recognized by WHO and under FAIMER . Getting recognition of Medical Councils in the world.
- Online Application Form Submission: By 31st Jan 2021.
- Entrance Exam Form Submission: Jan/Feb 2021.
- Kathmandu University/Govt of Nepal Entrance Exam: Jan/Feb 2021 (it may be an offline entrance exam, of XII PCB MCQs, at Kathmandu) Reporting at MCOMS & Class Commencement: Feb 2021.
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences (MCOMS) is a private medical college located at Pokhara, in Nepal. It is associated with Manipal Teaching Hospital, and enrols about 145 students each year for the MBBS medical qualification.
- MCOMS provides a four-and-a-half-years MBBS degree program in all the preclinical subjects and selected clinical subjects. The four-and-a-half years MBBS course is divided into 9 semesters of 6 months each. Upon successful completion of the course, students will undergo a 1 year compulsory residential rotating internship. The medium of instruction is English.
- Approx 1700 students have passed out of MOCMS till date & most of these graduates have successfully qualified for USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), ERPM (Sri-Lanka), AMC (Australia) with commendable scores and also completed their post-graduation in USA, Canada, UK, South Africa & Australia.
- PCL Nursing
- B.SC. Nursing (started 2009)
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- The annual enrolment for the MBBS degree is 135 students (data from 2016). The majority of the students are of Nepalese and Indian origin. Students from other nations such as: Sri Lanka, United States of America (NRN), Canada (NRN), etc. are also enrolled. Many elective students visit from American and European Universities and have the opportunity for hands on training.
- Undergraduate tuition and fees | 9.6 lakhs NPR (2012) | International tuition: 23,100 USD (2012)
- Intake Seats | 135
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Nepal | For resident Nepalese student this will be after the Kathmandu University Entrance | KUMET which will be held in August every year.
- Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 / SAT International Candidates.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Eligibilty for Napalese students | Admissions for self financed Nepalese students are admitted through Kathmandu University’s written medical entrance test (KUMET) held during the month of June/July. The Kathmandu University (KU calls for applications in June-July each year. The advertisements appear in prominent National Dailies. Successful candidates are put on 3 merit lists – A, B & C. The DMCRI invites merit candidates from A.B.C lists for an interview, after which another merit list is drawn up and the admissions are based on this DMCRI merit list.
- At least 50% marks in Physics (P), Chemistry(C), Biology (B) and English (E); 50% in put together (PCB & PCBE) and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks at the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- He / she should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- If a student has a compartment in any subject, the marks that he / she obtained in the pass attempt are considered for calculating eligibility.
- Medium of instruction is English.
- These eligibility requirements take care of the Medical Council of India requirements.
- There is no entrance examination for Indian students.
- GCE A Level / other equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at the ‘A’ level or equivalent examination
- Minimum of credit pass in English at AS/‘O’ level or equivalent examination
- Any other High School/10+2 board examination
- 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). These 3 subjects must be opted at the level of Stds 11 and 12.
- Medium of instruction at schooling should have been English.
- All candidates must complete 17 years of age on or before 31st July of the admission year
- SAT / TOEFL is not required. If a candidate has appeared for SAT exam, enclose a copy of SAT score sheet (SAT 1 & SAT 2: Physics, Chemistry & Biology). There is no entrance Examination.
2018 MBBS Tuition Fee – Indian and International Admissions Indian Nationals Other International (Indian Rs) (USD) Total (in installment) 5,000,000.00 80,000.00 Total (if lump sum) 4,800,000.00 78,000.00
|INSTALLMENT *||Indian Nationals||Other International|
2018 Batch MBBS Admissions – International Candidates (i.e. non-Nepalese nationals)
- Annual Intake | The college admits approx. 100 students per year in the MBBS program, each year.
- Application | International admissions for the 32nd Batch of the MBBS program, commencing in 2018, are open. Please fill up the online MBBS application form at www.manipal.edu.np and submit the following altogether vide an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest, but within the last date of application submission specified at this MCOMS website:
- Provisional Admission | Applicants who have an acceptable NEET / SAT score of the present academic year may be considered for provisional admission, depending on merit. Applicants accepted based on NEET / SAT may not be required to undertake the Kathmandu University / Govt of Nepal’s entrance exam.
- Entrance Exam | Kathmandu University / Govt of Nepal would conduct an offline entrance exam sometime in Jul/Aug and admissions would be based on a merit of the entrance exam score, with possibly certain weightage to the XIIth/A Level marks. Applicants are advised to prepare themselves and keep in touch with the MCOMS website for the entrance exam registration form, date and venue of the entrance exam, sample questions and other relevant details.
- Note | Admission will be subject to the Kathmandu University norms and qualifying an entrance exam conducted by the Kathmandu University, for which all applicants are advised to prepare themselves (applicants with NEET/SAT 2018 acceptable scores may not be required to undertake the entrance exam).
- Community Medicine-Part I
- The basic science training takes place at Deep Campus. After passing all the subjects of basic sciences, a student is promoted to the clinical aspect of the course.The next five semesters are devoted to the study of clinical sciences, and are held at Manipal Teaching Hospital, Pokhara.
The third year university examinations are held at the end of the 7th semester, and include the following subjects:
- Community Medicine-Part II
- Forensic Medicine
After the successful completion of all 4 subjects of the third year, a student is allowed to take the final year examinations which consist of:
- Medicine and allied subjects (Part I & II)
- Surgery and allied subjects (Part I & II)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
TEACHING METHODOLOGY: The teaching program in preclinical consists of :–
- Didactic classroom lectures
- Community/ Hospital visits.
Post Graduate Courses | MD | MS | PG Diploma
- Postgraduate courses are available in all the basic and clinical sciences subjects. The duration of MD/MS courses is three years and MSc courses is two years. These courses are recognized by the Nepal Medical Council.
- Admission is based on written entrance examination followed by counseling conducted by the Kathmandu University at Dhulikhel, Kavre.
- Manipal Teaching Hospital (MTH) is a 700-bedded hospital, located at Phulbari, Pokhara. The 5-storey hospital building houses an extensive medical library, students classrooms, a canteen, the main atrium, an auditorium along with outpatient departments and inpatient wards. All the medical students and faculty reside close by in other buildings.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in