- Address | Bag 7201, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560072.
- Establishment | 1987
- Course Offered | LLB | B.A LLB | LLM | M.Phil | LL.D | Ph.D
- Exam Required For Admission | CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test )
- CLAT-2018 will be held on Sunday, the 13th May, 2018 from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
- Undergraduate tuition and fees: 80,000 INR (2018) | International tuition: 5,500 USD (2018)
Ranking Given By Indian Media
|Law – India|
|India Today (2017)||1|
|Outlook India (2017)||1|
|The Week (2017)||1|
- NLSIU offers undergraduates a five-year integrated B.A./LL.B. programme which, upon completion, qualifies the student to sit for the bar to practice law in India.
- The LL.B. is the standard undergraduate degree in law offered in most common law countries.The United States is the only common law nation that no longer offers the LL.B. degree. While the LL.B. was conferred by Yale University until 1971, all U.S. law schools have since conferred the professional doctorate J.D.
- The undergraduate B.A./LL.B. curriculum at NLSIU consists of a mix of social science and legal subjects. In the first two years, the law student attends courses on history, political science, sociology and economics alongside standard legal subjects, such as torts, contracts and constitutional law. In the latter three years, legal subjects dominate the curriculum. Students are selected by merit through the nationally administered Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
- Duration | 5 years
- Admission Procedure | Admission to the B.A.,LL.B.(Hons.) Degree programme is purely on merit as assessed through a Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) conducted by the CLAT Committee constituted for the purpose.
A candidate for admission to the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Course shall have:
- a) passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an examination equivalent thereto securing in the first attempt, not less than 50% (45% in the case of SC / ST candidates and persons with disability) in the aggregate, and
- b) not completed 20 years of age as on 1st July of the year of admission.
- In the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and persons with disability, the maximum age limit shall be 22 years.
- Those who do not clear the qualifying examination with the requisite marks are not eligible for admission. Candidates whose Statement of marks of the qualifying examination is not available at the time of formal interviews, are also not eligible for admission.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the admission of any candidate in accordance with the Rules.
Intake and Reservation
At present, the intake capacity of B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme shall be 80 (eighty)
a) General Category : 57*
b) Scheduled Caste : 12 (i.e. 15%)
c) Scheduled Tribe : 6 (i.e. 7.5%)
d) Foreign Nationals : 5
These * 02 seats (3% Horizontal Reservation) are reserved for the special Abled Persons (SAP)
- NLSIU offers both coursework and research degrees at the postgraduate level. The LL.M. is a one-year coursework degree. The M.Phil., LL.D.and/or Ph.D. degrees, all aim at producing leading research scholars in all forms of legal academic pursuit, from legal history to jurisprudence. Therefore, postgraduate students are designated Research Scholars by the school. For LL.M. postgraduate students, NLSIU presently offers two lines of specialisation: Business Law and Human Rights Law. There are currently 25 seats for Human Rights Law and 25 seats for Business Law. Two seats are reserved for foreign nationals. A detailed prospectus can be obtained from NLSIU on payment of the requisite fee or downloaded free from the university’s website.
- Eligibility | As per the CLAT 2015 common rule.
- Duration | 2 Years
|Sl. No.||Category||Business Laws|
Total – 35 seats
|Human Rights Law|
Total – 15 seats
|1||General Category *|
|2||Scheduled Caste (15%)|
|3||Scheduled Tribe (7.5%)|
Fee Structure [for LL.M. Programme]
Total fee (including refundable deposits)
a) General Category | Rs. 1,26,200/- p.a.
b) SC / ST Category | Rs. 1,23,700/- p.a.
c) Foreign Nationals | USD 4164
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India. It was the first National Law University to be established in India and holds the foremost position among them. NLSIU was the first institute in India to offer a five-year intensive course in social sciences and law.
Located in Bangalore, the National Law School of India University (or the Law School, as it is generally known) was established by a statute passed by the Legislative Assembly of the State of Karnataka. The statute states that Chief Justice of India serves as the school’s chancellor. The university’s administration is managed by the Vice-Chancellor, currently being served by Dr. R. Venkata Rao. The school has an intake of around 80 students in its undergraduate law programme, 40 in Masters of Law and 40 in its, recently introduced.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.