- Address | Canal South Road, Beliaghata, Kolkata, West Bengal 700015.
- Affiliation | Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
- Founded | 1999
- Course Offered | B.Tech | M.Tech | MCA
- Approved By | AICTE | NBA | NAAC
- Introduction | RCC Institute of Information Technology (RCCIIT), is a semi government engineering college of eastern India located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It ranks as one of the premier engineering colleges in West Bengal. The college was established in 1999. Government aids are given to the institution by Government of West Bengal and is academically affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology).All the faculties of this institution are recruited by the Government of West Bengal .
- Admissions | Admission to the undergraduate B.Tech. courses is done through the WBJEE or All India Engineering Entrance Examination. Post graduate admissions are done on the basis of ranks in national entrance examinations like GATE or the state level examination PGET conducted by MAKAUT, WB.
- Course Offered | RCC Institute of Information Technology is one of the few colleges in the state which is dedicated to train Computer Engineers and IT Personnel. It offers courses in the following streams.
Under-Graduate Courses B.E/B.Tech
- Computer Science & Engineering | Intake 120 Seats
- Information Technology | Intake 120 Seats
- Electronics & Communication Engineering | Intake 120 Seats
- Electrical Engineering | Intake 60 Seats
- Applied Electronics And Instrumentation Engineering | Intake 60 Seats
Eligibility & Admission Procedure |
- Admission in first year B.Tech courses is done through the counselling process conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB). A candidate need to secure a rank in either WBJEE or AIEEE to attain counselling conducted by WBJEEB.
- Admission in second year B.Tech courses is done through Lateral entry scheme. Candidate should have Diploma in Engineering / Technology with minimum 60% marks from any Polytechnic Institute recognized by AICTE.
- All above criteria are subject to change as per WBJEE Board notification. Candidate must follow the Joint Entrance Board Website for Details Criteria. Institute follows statutory reservation rules for SC/ST/PC candidates as per State Government norms.
- Duration | 4 Years
- Fees | Rs. 62,100.00 PA
Post-Graduate Courses M.E/M.Tech
- Telecommunication Engineering | Intake 18 Seats
- Information Technology and | Intake 18 Seats
- Computer Science Engineering | Intake 18 Seats
Eligibility & Admission Procedure |
- PGATE – PGATE is conducted by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB). Candidate securing rank in PGATE are eligible for admission in M.Tech courses through counselling conducted by MAKAUT, WB. Non GATE candidates will get a monthly stipend during their course of study. Selection of candidates for the stipend is at the discretion of Institute management.
- GATE– Candidates qualifying in GATE examination are also eligible to undergo two years postgraduate M.Tech. GATE scorers are entitled to obtain GATE scholarship.
- Duration | 2 Years
- Fees |
Master of Computer Applications | MCA
- Eligibility & Admission Procedure | Graduate or equivalent degree under (10+2+3) pattern in any discipline of a UGC recognized University/Institute OR AICTE recognized B.E. / B.Tech / BCA of a University/Institute. Candidates must have Mathematics as one of the subjects at each level of education. Candidates have to secure 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates) at each level of education. Applications are invited to for direct admission in MCA for 2017-2018 academic session.
- Duration | 3 Years
- Intake | 60 seats
- Fees |
The RCC Institute of Information Technology (RCCIIT) was set up in 1999.
The institute initially started with only three streams viz. Bachelor’s in Computer Science and Information Technology and Masters in Computer Application. In 2006 a new stream was added to the bachelor’s degree – Electronics and Communication. From 2010 onwards many new streams and master’s degree in different Engineering courses were added.
The institute is currently headed by Prof. (Dr.)Siddhartha Bhattacharya as the principal and Dr Sparshamoni Chatterjee (Ex VC BESUShibpur) who has been given the responsibility of chairing the RCCIIT society by the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
- Top 25 Engineering Colleges In Chennai Ranking 2018
- Top 20 Engineering Colleges In Odisha Ranking 2018
- Top 20 Engineering Colleges In West Bengal | Kolkata Ranking 2018