- Address | Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab 147004
- Established | 1956 | Patiala | Punjab
- College Type | Deemed University
- Courses Offered | B.E/B.Tech | M.Tech | MCA
National Ranking Given By
- India Today | 18
- Dataquest | 18
- CSR-GHRDC | 5
- Mint | 4
Approved By | UGC | NAAC
Thapar University, formerly known as Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, was founded in 1956 by Karam Chand Thapar and is situated in Patiala. It has grown in size and activities during the last five decades of its existence. It was granted full autonomy and the status of a university by the University Grants Commission in 1985. It was ranked #5 by the limited participation CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges Survey 2011.
Thapar University is today considered among the leading privately managed engineering institutions of the country. National Assessment and Accreditation Council, an autonomous body funded by the UGC, has accredited Thapar University with ‘A Grade’. On 24 November 2014, Thapar University signed an agreement with Trinity College, Dublin, as part of its efforts to impart global standard education at its campus in Patiala.
B.E | B.Tech programmes
The institute offers undergraduate programmes leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree.
|*Computer Engineering (Hons in Machine Learning and Data Analytics)||CS(MLDA)|
|*Computer Engineering (Hons in Computer Animation and Gaming)||CS(CAG)|
|*Software Engineering And Management||CS(SEM)|
|*Electronics & Communication Engineering||ECE|
|*Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering||EIC|
|*Mechanical Production Engineering||MPE|
|* Electronics and Computers||ECE|
Duration : 4 Years
has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject. (ii) has secured at least 15% aggregate marks (10% for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main)-2017.
M.E /M.Tech Course Offered
The Thapper University CONTAIN 395 M.Tech Seat for Academic year.
- Total Number Of Seats open | 395 Seats
- Sponsored | 100 Seats
- ST/SC | 125 Seats
- M.E. – CAD/CAM Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Thermal Engineering B.E./B.Tech. degree in Mechanical/Production/Industrial/Mechatronics/ Automobile/ Marine/ Petroleum/Chemical/Metallurgy/Heat power/Aeronautical Engineering and Equivalent.
- M.E. – Infrastructure Engineering B.E./B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, B.E./B.Tech. in Infrastructure Engineering
- M.E. – Structural Engineering B.E./B.Tech. degree in Civil Engineering.
- M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering* B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline of Engineering OR M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Physics/ Operations Research/ Information Science/ Information Technology OR MCA OR Equivalent
- M.E. – Information Security* B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline of Engineering OR M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Physics/ Operations Research/ Information Science/ Information technology OR MCA OR Equivalent.
- M.E. – Software Engineering* B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline of Engineering OR M.Sc. in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Physics/ Operations Research/ Information Science/ Information Technology OR MCA OR Equivalent
- M.Tech. – Computer Applications* B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline of Engineering OR M.Sc. in Mathematics /Statistics /Operation Research/Computer Science/Electronics/Information Technology/ Information Science/Physics OR MCA OR equivalent. * Gate qualified candidates with valid gate score in “Computer Science/ Information Technology” shall only be considered for admission on the basis of GATE score.
- M.E. – Electronics & Communications Engineering# B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication
- M.Tech. – VLSI Design B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electronics / Computer Science/ Electronics & Communication / Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) / Electrical Engineering OR M.Sc. in Computer Science/ Electronics / Physics with Electronics / Instrumentation with Mathematics as one of the subjects in B.Sc.
- M.E. – Wireless Communications# B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent, Applied Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics Telecommunication / Telecommunication Engineering / Electronics & Telematics / Electronics and Communication Engineering / Electrical and Electronics. # Gate Qualified candidates with B.E./B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication shall only be considered for admission on the basis of GATE score.
- M.E. – Electronic Instrumentation & Control Engineering B.E./B.Tech. degree in Instrumentation & Control/ Electronics/ Electrical/ Electronics & Computer/ Computer/ Information Technology/ Mechatronics Engineering OR M.Sc. in Instrumentation/Electronics/ Computer/Information Technology or equivalent
- M.E. – Power Systems B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical & Computer Engineering or equivalent
- M.E. – Power Electronics and Drives B.E./B.Tech. degree in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics /Instrumentation & Control/Electronics/Electrical & Computer/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent
- M.Tech. – Biotechnology B.E./B.Tech. degree in Biotechnology/ Chemical / Industrial Biotechnology / Biochemical Engineering /Bio-Medical Engineering / Bio-Informatics or a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or M.Sc. Degree in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Bio-Physics / Biology / Botany / Zoology/ Genetics / MBBS / M.Sc.(Ag) & M.V.Sc.
- M.Tech. – Chemical Engineering B.E./B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering/Technology, Environmental, Biotechnology, Pulp and Paper Technology/Polymer Technology/Metallurgy/Materials/ Mechanical/ Ceramics Engineering or allied discipline) or M.Sc. (Applied /Industrial Chemistry) with Mathematics upto B.Sc. level.
- M.Tech. – Energy Technology and Management B.E./B.Tech. in any branch of Engineering / Technology OR M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with Mathematics at graduation level.
- M.Tech. – Environmental Science & Technology B.E./B.Tech. degree in any branch of Engineering or Technology, OR M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Life Sciences (including Botany and Zoology) / Atmospheric Sciences.
- M.Tech. – Metallurgical & Materials Engineering B.E./B.Tech. degree in any branch of Engineering OR M.Sc. in Materials Science/ Physics/ Chemistry (with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. Level)
Master in Computer Application | MCA
Duration – 3 years
Eligibility: Bachelor degree of minimum 3-years duration in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in aggregate. Mathematics must be studied at 10+2 level or at graduation level.
Mode of Selection: Admission will be made on the basis of merit of 10th, 12th and graduation (upto end of 2nd year, minimum of 65% marks are required). Overall minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) in graduation shall be required to be eligible for admission. Candidate must attach mark sheets of 10th, 12th and all the marks sheets of Graduation upto end of 2nd year along with the printout of applications.
- Number Of seats | General Quota | 64 Seats
- Number Of seats | ST/SC | 23 seats
- PH | 3 Seats
- Total – 90 (+14 FN/NRI seats. Refer section10 for eligibility & other conditions)
MCA Lateral Entry | 2-years duration
Recognized bachelor degree of minimum 3-years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (IT/ Computer Science) with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in aggregate. Mathematics must be studied at 10+2 level or at graduation level.
Mode of Selection: Merit list will be prepared on the basis of above said criteria of MCA (3-year) and admission will be made according to this merit list.
Duration of the Programme: The programme is spread over a period of three years consisting of six semesters. The first year is exempted for candidates admitted through lateral entry in the second year. The students study courses for five semesters at the University and do a Software Development Project (SDP) in the sixth semester in some reputed industry.
- Number Of seats | General Quota | 12 Seats
- Number Of seats | ST/SC | 5 seats
- PH | 1 Seats
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different