- Address | Circuit House Area, Sonari, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831001, India
- Year of Establishment | Founded in 1949
- Motto —For The Greater Good
- Entrance Exam Required | XAT 2018
- Approved By : AICTE| NAAC | AMBA
XLRI is accredited by the London-based Association of MBAs (AMBA), and in 2015-16 was ranked 4th among the top 91 business schools in India across private and government lines.In 2016 XLRI received accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Introduction | XLRI
began by offering courses for management and trade unions in 1949 before setting up a two-year, full-time program in industrial welfare in 1953.In 1955 it took on the name Xavier Labor Relations Institute, and became India’s oldest business management school. The Jesuit-managed school offers numerous programs: a full-time, 2-year, post-graduate program in Business Management, Personnel Management, & Industrial Relations (renamed Human Resources Management in 2011); Global Business Management; a 15-month, full-time, General Management program (PGDM-GM); a doctoral fellow program (FPM); and several executive education programs including a three-years, part-time programme in Business Management for Working Executives and Business Owners.
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
Admission to these programs is through XLRI’s entrance test XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) and GMAT. After applying for XAT, candidates apply to other member colleges, which use XAT scores for their respective admissions. XLRI updates the admission procedure on its website every year.XLRI has 180 seats each in its Business Management & Human Resource Management (erstwhile PMIR) programs, 20 seats in its two-year Global Business Management, and 180 seats in the one-year General Management Program (popularly known as GMP). In 2015, 360 first-year students found Summer Internship Placements in 92 companies, in addition to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Sir Ratan Tata Trust, and EVidyaloka Trust.
As reported in Business Line in 2015, 83% of its entrants had previous work experience
- Full-time residential MBA
- General Management Programme (PGDM-GM) – 15 months
- Business Management (BM) – 2 years
- Human Resource Management (HRM) – 2 years
- Global Business Management (Global BM) – 2 years
- Research program
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – 4 years
- Masters program
- Masters Program in Positive Organization Development & Change (MPOD), offered jointly by XLRI Jamshedpur and Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management (Cleveland, USA) – 15 months.
- Executive programs |XLRI
- Executive Fellow Programme in Management (Exec-FPM)
- Executive Post Graduate Programmes (Exec-PGP) in India, Dubai, and Singapore – 3 years
- Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management (PGP-CEM)
- Post Graduate Certification in Agri-Business Management (PGCABM) – 6 months (Ikisan Ltd. and XLRI Joint Management Program)
- Post Graduate Certification in Business Management (PGCBM) – 12 months
- Post Graduate Certification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (PGCLSCM) – 12 months
- Post Graduate Certification in Human Resource Management (PGCHRM) – 12 months
- Post Graduate Certification in Retail Management (PGCRM) – 12 months
- Post Graduate Certification in Sales & Marketing Management (PGCSMM) – 12 moths
- Executive Diploma Programme in Human Resource Management – 12 months
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) in Singapore
- General Management Programme for Defence Personnel
- Management Development Programmes
- International Student Exchange Programme
- Human Resource Management | The Institute offers a two-year, full-time Programme in Human Resource Management (earlier known as “Personnel Management and Industrial Relations”), on the completion of which students are conferred with PGDHRM. The program is the oldest of the institute’s teaching programs.
- Business Management Programme | XLRI offers a two-year, full-time programme in Business Management, started in 1968, on the completion of which candidates are conferred with a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM).
- Global Business Management Programme | XLRI launched its Global BM Programme in partnership with Weatherhead School of Management of Case Western University, Cleveland, USA, and School of Economics and Management of Tongji University, Shanghai, China, on 12 January 2013. This full-time, two-year, residential, Global BM programme began in August 2013.
- General Management Programme | Post-graduate Diploma in Management-General Management (PGDM-GM) is a 15-month, full-time residential program (previously known as GMP). The programme focuses on producing socially responsible business leaders and designed to fast track seasoned professionals. It offers a mix of core courses and a large variety of electives. Core courses include subjects from finance, economics, marketing, operations, strategy, business ethics and sustainable development. Completion of core courses opens the way to electives, chosen by the participants. GMP has been ranked No. 4 by Outlook India in 2012.
- Fellow Programme in Management | Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a doctoral level (PhD) programme. The FPM is a full-time, residential, doctoral programme that trains prospective scholars to become researchers and teachers in various aspects of management. Fellow students are awarded a fellowship of Rs. 25,000 per month during the 1st and 2nd year and Rs. 30,000 per month for the next two years.
- Entrepreneurship Management | PGP-CEM | The Post Graduate Programme for Certificate in Entrepreneurship Management (PGP-CEM) is a six months, full-time, classroom contact program. Candidates must hold a minimum of a three-years bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in India or abroad in any discipline.
- XLRI overseas | XLRI began offering the Executive Programme in Dubai in collaboration with the Al Abbas Institute of Technology from October 2001. A new chapter was set up in Singapore in March 2006 in alliance with Image International.
- XLRI Accenture HR Academy | Accenture and XLRI have launched the Accenture-XLRI HR Academy, a training academy dedicated to the human capital management needs of the information technology and BPO industries.
Management College Top Searched Links By College4u.in