- Address | NH-66, Near Kuntikana Road, Kuntikana, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575004
- Year of Establishment | 2002-03
- Name of Dental College | A.J. Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore
- College Type | Private
- Management | Trust
- Affiliated University | Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences | RGUHS
- State | karnataka
- DCI Status | Recognized
Bachelor of Dental Surgery | BDS
- Intake | Seats 100
- Duration | 4 years plus 1 year compulsory rotatory internship.
Eligibility for admission BDS | NEET 2018
- Candidates who have passed the two-year Pre-University Examination of Karnataka’s Pre-University Board (or equivalent qualifying examination of other recognised boards) with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to the first year.
- Candidate shall have obtained not less than 50% of the aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, and a pass in the English language in the qualifying examination, or any other examination recognised as equivalent by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Karnataka. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) students or students of any other categories notified by the government shall be given a relaxation of 10% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility.
- In case of admission on the basis of competitive entrance examination similar eligibility as above applies. In addition, the candidate must be ranked in the entrance examination’s merit list by securing not less than 50% marks in it. SC/ST students and students of any other categories notified by the government shall be given a relaxation of 10% in the aggregate marks required for eligibility through the competitive entrance examination.
- The candidate shall have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete this age on 31st December of the calendar year in which he/she seeks admission.
Post Graduate Diploma sanctioned Intake
|Post Graduate Diploma Course|
M.D.S. Master of Dental Surgery | MDS
- Intake | 52 Seats
- Duration | 3 Years
Eligibility MDS | NEET2018
- A candidate for admission to the MDS course must have a BDS degree from a college and university recognised by the Dental Council of India, New Delhi, or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru (Bangalore) and the Dental Council of India.
- Candidates not possessing a recognised dental qualification for the above purpose should secure the prior approval of his/her qualifications by the Dental Council of India prior to admittance to the MDS course.
MDS Seat Matrix
|SL No.||COURSE||SPECIALITY||ADMISSION INTAKE|
|1||MDS||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||6 Seats|
|2||MDS||Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridge||6 Seats|
|3||MDS||Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||6 Seats|
|5||MDS||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||6 Seats|
|6||MDS||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||6 Seats|
|7||MDS||Oral Medicine & Radiology||6 Seats|
|8||MDS||Oral Pathology & Microbiology||6 Seats|
|9||MDS||Public Health Dentistry||3 Seats|
Description | A.J Institute of Dental Sciences
The health of the people, considered the blessings of the rich and the riches of the poor, is the foundation that supports the edifice of happiness and prosperity of a nation. A.J Institute of Dental Sciences is a brilliant, futuristic Endeavour of the Laxmi Memorial Trust(R); a premier educational organization is a brainchild of educationist & philanthropist Mr. A J Shetty. AJIDS is aimed to provide a global perspective of dental education to achieve the national objective of “Health for All”. Its enduring efforts have put Mangalore on the global map of dental education. The institution nurtures a vision “To establish as a premier institution imparting Dental education that effectively combines high academic exposure, professional outlook and commitment to humanitarian values.
An earnest effort to achieve this noble vision began with the first batch of dental students enrolled in the year 2002. AJIDS shatters all barriers of caste, religion, culture, etc and endeavors to provide quality education to all aspiring students. College is now recognized by dental council of India and ministry of health for hundred each admissions in year. For post graduate dental education in eight different specialties. The institution is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences since inspection.
Top Searched Links Of College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D