- Address | Vagolpur-Bajitpur Bazar Road, 2336, Bangladesh
- Year of Establishment | 1989
- Recognized By | Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | University of Dhaka
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized
- Industrialist and philanthropist Jahurul Islam set up, through the Aftab–Rahima Welfare Trust, several healthcare organisations in his home village of Bhagalpur. The first two, in 1989, were what was initially a 250-bed hospital that would become Jahurul Islam Medical College Hospital, and Jahurul Islam Nursing Training Institute. Jahurul Islam Medical College followed in 1992
- Ahurul Islam Medical College | JIMC | (Bengali: জহুরুল ইসলাম মেডিকেল কলেজ), established in 1992 by Jahurul Islam, is the second oldest private medical school in Bangladesh. Located at the village of Bhagalpur, in Bajitpur Upazila of Kishoreganj District, it is the first medical school situated in a rural area of the country. It is affiliated with University of Dhaka as a constituent college.
- It offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
- The college is located in the village of Bhagalpur, in Bajitpur Upazila of Kishoreganj District, about 500 metres (1,600 ft) from Bajitpur Railway Station.It is the first medical school in Bangladesh situated in a rural area.Within the self-contained campus, arranged among gardens around an S-shaped lake, are an academic building, separate hostels for men and women, staff quarters, and Jahurul Islam Medical College Hospital, the college’s 390-bed teaching hospital.The final phase of hospital construction will expand capacity to 500 beds.
- Jahurul Islam Nursing Training Institute shares the campus. It is approved by the Bangladesh Nursing Council and the Directorate of Nurses Services (DNS).
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 115
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Number of students | 527
- Academic staff | 132
- Citizenship | Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
Document Required At Time Of Admission
- All mark sheets, certificates & testimonials must be attested by their educational board, education ministry and the foreign ministry of their respective country.
- Students must be fill-up a prescribed form which is available in the embassy/high commission of Bangladesh in their own country.
- Equivalence certificate issued by the Director, Medical Education and DG Health of Bangladesh.
- You have to learn Bangla to communicate with the patient.
- Price of Form is taka 1000 (One thousand) & Online Charge 30 taka
- Medical Check-up by the college authority.
Foreign Student Admission Guideline
- Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if you want to get admitted into Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC).
- If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top Medical College Maharastra | Top Medical College Pune | Top Ranked College Mumbai
- Medical College Chennai | Tamilnadu | Top Medical College Pondicherry
- Medical College Kathmandu | Medical Colleges Nepal | Nepal MBBS College Genuine Ranking
- List of medical colleges in Bangladesh | Top Medical Colleges in Dhaka | Private Medical College in Bangaladesh