- Address | Kurnool Road, R.T Nagar, Penchikalapadu, Andhra Pradesh 518463
- Year of Establishment | 1987 | India
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- Affiliated University | B.N. Mandal University
- Entrance Test Required | NEET
- MCI status | Recognized for 60 seats. Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 60 to 100 for 2016-17.
- Katihar Medical College & Hospital (KMCH) is a private medical college situated in the city of Katihar in the Indian state of Bihar.Established in 1987, it is affiliated with Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University. Katihar Medical College offers undergraduate courses in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and post-graduate courses (MD/MS And PG Diploma) in almost all Clinical and Non-Clinical Subjects. The college was established and is maintained by the Patna-based Al-Karim Educational Trust.
- Katihar is the district headquarters under Purnea division of Kosi region on Indo-Nepal and Bihar-Bengal Border, and has a glorious past in the field of learning and participation in the freedom movement. It is also the divisional headquarters of Indian Railways. Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express is available daily for Katihar. Katihar junction is on the main Delhi-Guwahati rail line and being a five-line junction is well connected with all parts of the country.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 150
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Entry Qualification | Any examination equivalent to H.S.C. / (10+2) examination,WITH (PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY)of any recognized Board/ University after 12 years of study.
50% in PCB for general category and 40% for reserved category.
- Admission Procedure | Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to MBBS courses for the year 2017-18 from amongst the National Eligibility Cum Entrance (UG)
Test (NEET) – 2017 qualified candidates.
- Group of Subjects Specified | English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology
- Age Limit | The lower age shall be 17 years .The upper age limit may be relaxed by three years for SC/ST candidates.
- The post graduate specializations of 43 seats of 19 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal.Admissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
- Intake Seats | 43
- Duration | Diploma 2 yrs & MD/MS 3 years
Eligibility PG MD/MS : NEET
- Candidate should have obtained MBBS Degree from a MCI recognized institution.
- Candidate should have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination before 30th April of the Academic year.
|PG Sanctioned Intake|
|Diploma in Anesthesia|
|Diploma in Child Health|
|Diploma in Clinical Pathology|
|Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Diploma in Orthopaedics|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Physiology|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD/MS – Anatomy|
|MD/MS – Obstetrtics & Gynaecology|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
- The Kosi region in the north of the state of Bihar which is spread over two divisions of Purnea and Saharsa suffers from the lack of development of road, power, education and medical facilities. Extreme economic backwardness tells upon health, education and culture of the people of this region. Meritorious students of the region in general and Muslim youths in particular can ill afford to go out side for medical, technical and other professional education. Moreover, the ailing people of the area had to go to distant places e.g. Patna, Darbhanga and Bhagalpur Medical Colleges for specialized treatment, which is beyond the means and reach of the common people
- In view of the aforesaid facts, there has always been a crying need of a Medical College and Hospital in this part of Bihar having about 40% Muslim population mostly below poverty line. To meet this demand of the community the Al-Karim Education Trust, Patna under the provisions of Art. 30 (i) of the Constitution of India sponsored and established the Katihar Medical College in 1987. The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee in October 2012.
- AL-KARIM EDUCATIONAL TURST | The parent body of Katihar Medical College is a registered trust of the members of the Muslim religious minority community devoted to the promotion of education, research and information dissemination among Muslim minority community as well as general students. The Trust has also been established for the benefit of the poor and weaker section of the community specially to ameliorate their educational and economic backwardness and poor health care. It shall further undertake and pursue advancement of other aims and objectives of public utility in which the Muslim population is interested, to serve the nation and humanity in a better way.
- The basic objective of the establishment of Katihar Medical College by the Trust is to provide specialized medical facilities to the suffering humanity of this region through the hospital of the College.
- Katihar Medical College, Katihar is maintained and managed by the Trust.
MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL CAMPUS
- The campus is situated in a land of fifty five acres approximately with a built up area of 9,00,000 sq.ft.
- The college consists of various buildings housing different facilities such as administrative block, lecture theatre, separate hostels for boys, girls and interns, for PG students 155 suites with attached kitchen & bathroom, Emergency and Casualty services, O P D, 600 Bed Hospital with Modern Operation theatres, Radiology with facilities of MRI (1.5 tesla), DSA (Digital Substracting Angiography), CT Scan & Mammography besides X-ray, Microbiology, Pathology and Biochemistry Labs, Auditorium, Animal House, Postmortem Block with gallery and a full fledged Blood Bank with Blood Component facility, Bungalow for the Principal and residential apartments for Staff (102 quarters for teachers) and modern guest house are situated behind a panoramic view.
- The teacher student ratio is 1:2.
- The college library is located in the main building covering an area of about 17500 Sq.ft. It is well appointed with well-furnished reading rooms besides large number of latest text and reference books on all aspects of medical sciences and subscribes to 113 National and International Journals. Further each department has its own departmental library, equipped with Audio Visual Aids and for up-to-date reference on any subject the library is connected with Broadband Internet facility. All the journals are subscribed for online services also.
- Post Graduate courses in the subjects of Anatomy, Physiology,Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Bio-chemistry,Community Medicine, General Medicine, Dermatology Venereology & Leprosy, Paediatrics,General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Psychiatry & E.N.T., Anaesthesiology, Radio-diagnosis, and Obstetric & Gynaecology are available
- Achievement | Healthcare Excellence Summit & Award 2015: Katihar Medical College has been awarded as the “Best Medical College in North-East India” by Worldwide Achievers by Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Hon’ble Union Minister of State, Ministry of Ayush & Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top 100 Engineering College India | Admission in Best Engineering College | MHRD | NIRF Ranking 2019
- Top 100 Medical Colleges India | Admission in Best Medical College India In NEET 2019
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.