- Address | Sirajganj 6700, Bangladesh
- Year of Establishment | 2011
- Recognized By | Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council
- Course Offered | MBBS | BDS | Nursing
- Affiliated University | North Bengal University
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized
- Originally envisioned by Dr. B. C. Roy, North Bengal Medical College and Hospital was established in 1968 as the First Medical College of North Bengal. The planning was executed by Ajit Kumar Panja, the then state health minister. Prof. Ajit Kr. Duttagupta joined as the first official principal of the college which was then known as North Bengal University Medical College. NBUMC was rechristened in August 1978 to North Bengal Medical College & Hospital and the administrative control went from North Bengal University to Govt. of West Bengal.
- In the college section in 2004, the institute achieved the milestone to be reckoned as the Post-graduate institute with introduction of MD/MS courses in five specialised disciplines like Anatomy, Physiology, Community Medicine, Pathology and Anaesthesiology, which were recognized by the Medical Council of India in 2007.
- Since then more postgraduate courses were added in the fields of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, General Medicine, Surgery, Gynae & Obstetrics, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Ophthalmology and ENT Diseases Recently permitted Postgraduate seats in the fields of Radiodiagnosis, Biochemistry and Psychiatry and will be added in near future.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 100
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Number of students | 650
- Academic staff | 174
- Citizenship | Indian nationals | MBBS | NEET 2018 and International Candidates.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category.
- Courses of three years’ duration in 12 disciplines like, Anatomy (4), Physiology (4), Pathology (7), Forensic Medicine & Toxicology (2), Community Medicine (3), General Medicine (4), General Surgery (4), Gynaecology & Obstetrics (2), Ophthalmology (2), ENT diseases (2), Anaesthesiology (4), Orthopaedics (2), Paediatrics (4), Radiodiagnosis (2) under the WB Univ. of Health sciences, Kolkata.
Document Required At Time Of Admission
- All mark sheets, certificates & testimonials must be attested by their educational board, education ministry and the foreign ministry of their respective country.
- Students must be fill-up a prescribed form which is available in the embassy/high commission of Bangladesh in their own country.
- Equivalence certificate issued by the Director, Medical Education and DG Health of Bangladesh.
- You have to learn Bangla to communicate with the patient.
- Price of Form is taka 1000 (One thousand) & Online Charge 30 taka
- Medical Check-up by the college authority.
Foreign Student Admission Guideline
- Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need take if you want to get admitted into Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC).
- If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top Medical College Maharastra | Top Medical College Pune | Top Ranked College Mumbai
- Medical College Chennai | Tamilnadu | Top Medical College Pondicherry
- Medical College Kathmandu | Medical Colleges Nepal | Nepal MBBS College Genuine Ranking
- List of medical colleges in Bangladesh | Top Medical Colleges in Dhaka | Private Medical College in Bangaladesh