- Address | Alapakkam Main Road, Maduravoyal, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600095
- Year of Establishment | 2004
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Deemed University
- Course Offered || BDS | MDS
- Dental Council of India status | Recognized
- Affiliation | University Grants Commission, New Delhi || The Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi
- Meenakshi Ammal Dental College offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in Dental Medicine in the country. Located in the capital of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, India, the College is dedicated to training Doctors of Dental Medicine as expert clinicians with strong biomedical backgrounds. Meenakshi Ammal Dental College is constituent College of Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education & Research (Meenakshi University) and recognized by Dental Council of India, New Delhi, the governing council for the Dental Education in India.
- Meenakshi Ammal Dental College is run by the Meenakshi Ammal Educational Trust; founded by Thirumathi. D. Meenakshi Ammal, a Philanthropist in the year 1990. The college permitted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, and is recognized by the Dental Council of India, New Delhi. Functioning at Alapakkam Main Road-Maduravoyal in Chennai.
- The Institution has been granted Deemed to be University status on 31st March 2004 by The University Grants Commission, New Delhi and The Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi has duly notified the Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education & Research, as Deemed University for the courses offered at the Meenakshi Ammal Dental College.
- The college presently has an annual intake of 100 BDS students. Besides the Undergraduate B.D.S Degree programme the College also offers Post-Graduates programmes leading to the M.D.S Degree in all nine Dental specialties as well as Diploma course in Dental Mechanics.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery | BDS Course
- Meenakshi Ammal Dental College offers one of the most forward-looking education environments in dental education in the country since 1990. Located in the capital of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, the college is dedicated to training doctors of dental medicine as expert clinicians with strong biomedical backgrounds. Meenakshi Ammal Dental College was affiliated earlier to The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University and is recognized by Dental Council of India.. The Institution has been granted Deemed to be University status on 31st March 2004 by The University Grants Commission, New Delhi and The Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi has duly notified the Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education & Research, as Deemed University for the courses offered at the Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and recognized by Dental Council of India and Govt. of India vide Recognition notification order letter no. F.No.V.12017/29/1998-DE (Vol.III) dt: 30th March 2009 (Bachelor of Dental Surgery granted on or after 26.08.2008) of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India with an annual intake of 100 students.
- Duration – 4 years + 1 year Internship
- Eligibility marks – As per DCI norms
- Academic Qualifications & Eligibility : Candidates who have passed HSC examination (Academic Stream of 10 +2 curriculum) of any State/CBSE/ISC or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto, with the group of subjects specified below and obtained the minimum eligible marks prescribed are eligible to apply for admission to the course concerned.
- DCI Norms:Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks (in case of SC/ST/OBC 40%) taking together Physics, Chemistry & Biology and pass in English in the qualifying examination.
- Age Limit: Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the academic year. Date of birth given in the HSC/CBSE/ISC marks sheet or in the Birth Certificate/ Passport shall be taken for computing age of the candidate.
Post Graduate Degree Courses – MDS
|Sl.No.||MDS Courses||Total Seats|
|1||Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|3||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|4||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|5||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics|
|6||Oral Pathology & Microbiology|
|7||Public Health Dentistry|
|8||Paedodontics & Preventive Dentistry|
|9||Oral Medicine & Radiology|
Educational Qualification & Eligibility:
- The candidates must possess BDS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Dental Council of India/ Government of India, New Delhi.
- The candidate must have permanent registration of his / her name with any State Dental Council.
- The candidate should have completed his/her C.R.I (Compulsory Rotatory Internship) on or before 31st March of Admission year.
- Candidates should have qualified the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET- MDS 2017).
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exams in India| Dates | Cutoff | Entrance Pattern
- Top Engineering Colleges In India | Genuine Rank Of 100 Engineering College Based On Placement
- Top 100 Engineering College India | Admission in Best Engineering College | MHRD | NIRF Ranking 2019
- Top 100 Medical Colleges India | Admission in Best Medical College India In NEET 2019
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D
Contact | 7411718005 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.