- Address | Sedam Road, Mahadevappa Marg, Kalaburagi, Karnataka 585105
- Year of Establishment : 1963 | Gulbarga | Karnataka | India
- Management | Trust || College Type | Private
- Admissions 2022 | 7411718005 || 9620557598
- Affiliated University | RGUHS | Bangalore
- Entrance Test Required For Admission in MRMC | NEET
- MCI status | Recognized for 100 seats. Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 100 to 150 for 2020-21. The permission is conditional granted by Oversight Committee|
- Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade || ISO 9001:2008 Certified
- Mahadevappa Rampure (MR) Medical College – The Government of Karnataka had decided to establish a Medical College at Bellary instead of Gulbarga.
- Hyderabad Karnataka Education Society under the leadership of Sri Mahadevappa Rampure started a Medical College in Private sector in 1963. Sri S. Nijalingappa, the then Chief Minister, Govt. of Karnataka, Sri. Veerendra Patil and Dr. D. C. Pavate helped in establishing the Medical college.
- Medical College was started in 1963 with mission to bring out quality doctors by imparting quality education to meet the present and changing expectation of the people and improving the health status of the people of this region by offering health care and providing optimum training facilities for Medical students.
- In 1973, Sri. Mahadevappa Rampure, the architect & founder of the Medical College left to heavenly abode and to salute his vision, dynamism and hard work in establishing this College, it was named after him as “Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College”.
- MBBS Intake |150
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS | NEET 2022
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Entry Qualification : Any examination equivalent to H.S.C. / (10+2) examination,WITH
- (PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY,BIOLOGY)of any recognized Board/ University after 12 years of study.50% in PCB for general category and 40% for reserved category.
- Procedure : Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to MBBS courses for the year 2017-18 from amongst the National Eligibility Cum Entrance (UG).Test (NEET) – 2021 qualified candidates.
- Group of Subjects Specified | English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany and Zoology
- Age Limit : The lower age shall be 17 years as on December 31, 2022
Post graduate MD/MS Intake
- Seats | 96
- Duration : Diploma 2 yrs & MD/MS 3 years
- Eligibility | PG MD/MS | NEET
- i) Candidate should have obtained MBBS Degree from a MCI recognized institution.
- ii) Candidate should have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination before 30th April of the Academic year.
Post Graduate Diploma MD/MS Sanctioned Intake
- The post graduate specializations of 96 seats of 27 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal. Admissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
|MD MS Course 2023||Intake|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Physiology|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD/MS – Anatomy|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
College In Campus Facilities
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Banks / ATM
- Guest Room
- IT Infrastructure
- The library is equipped with all the modern facilities like Computers with Internet connection, Audio Video facilities, Micro-film Reader, MEDLARS, MEDLINE CD-ROM (Silver-Platter), Photocopy machine.
- Total Collection of text books and references is about 28,272. The College spends about Rs.75 to 85 Lakhs annually to procure new books and about Rs. 25.00 Lakhs annually for subscription to various National and International Journals. The College also subscribes for the HELINET of RGUHS which offers about 500 full text of E-Journals Library also provides current Awareness service, Bibliographic service, & Departmental Library Service.
- The rear section of the College has been beautified by converting it into a garden with a fountain in the center. It serves as a pleasing venue for delegates who come to attend various conference hosted by the College.
Sports, Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular
- The College has fully operational sports department. There is Indoor Sport Complex with wooden Badminton court, TT, Chess, Carrom etc. The students participate in various intercollegiate events organized by the Colleges and university.
- Shri Chandrashekhar Patil Memorial Hostel was built for the accomodation of boys persuing medical course at M. R. Medical College, Gulbarga. The Hostel is located in a lush green surounding on sedam road, main gate facing towards north.
- H.K.E. Society’s Medical College hostel was started in 1963 to accommodate the girl students seeking admission to MBBS course, coming from different parts of the country and abroad.
- No. of Students 277
- Mess Facility Both North and South Indian dishes.
- Internet Facility Available.
- Basic Amenities Telephone, Stores, Canteen etc
Top Searched Links By College4u.in For Biology Students After 12th Career Options
- Top Medical College Bangalore | MBBS Admission 2021 | NEET 2021 Updates
- List Of Top Dental College Bangalore | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | B.Pharma Admission 2021
- Top Homeopathic College Karnataka | BHMS Direct Admission 2021
- Top BVSc Colleges In Karnataka | Veterinary Colleges 2021 Ranking
- Top BNYS Colleges in Bangalore | Bachelor of Naturopathy And Yogic Sciences Karnataka
- Unani Medical Colleges in Karnataka | BUMS
- Top Allied Science Colleges In Bangalore | B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Homeopathic BHMS Medical College in Kolkata | West Bengal
- Top Hotel Management College Bangalore | List Of BHM Colleges In Bangalore
Direct Admission Contact Us For Further Query
Contact | 9036036290 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.Admission Possible Only in Private Colleges.