- Address | Pondicherry Cuddalore ECR, Pillayarkuppam, Puducherry 607402.
- Establishment | 2001
- Ranking | The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute 97 overall in India.
- Affiliations | Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University
- Management | Sri Balaji Educational and Charitable Public Trust | SBECPT
- Course Offered | MBBS
- MCI status | Recognized
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute | MGMCRI the institution of Sri Balaji Educational and Charitable Public Trust (SBECPT), founded by its chairman, Shri M.K. Rajagopalan, is a medical college and hospital located in the Bahour taluk of the union territory of Puducherry, India. The campus is situated at Pillayarkuppam, 14 kilometres (8.7 mi) from the city of Pondicherry, near the town of Cuddalore. This tertiary care teaching hospital.
- The institution is recognized by the Medical Council of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India, and the Government of Puducherry. M.G.M.C.R.I was affiliated to Pondicherry University. M.G.M.C.R.I was recognized as a deemed university by university grants commission, New Delhi,on fourth August 2008.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
Students will be admitted to the first MBBS course on all India basis, as per the guidance of the SRI BALAJI VIDYAPEETH DEEMED UNIVERSITY. Undergraduate Courses
- Course | MBBS
- Duration | 4 1/2 + 1 year internship
- Present Sanctioned Intake | 250
- Year of Starting | 2001
Eligibility | NEET 2018
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
- Date of Birth | Minimum 17 Years And Maximum 25 Years .
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together. he minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST, the minimum percentage of marks required for the admission process should be 40% in PCB. Preference will be given to the merit students.
Postgraduate Courses MD | MS | PG Diploma
Eligibility | NEET 2021 Qualifications and Eligibility for admissions to the courses as per statutory norms stipulated by the Medical Council of India .
- M.D — Anaesthesiology | 9 Seats
- M.D — Anatomy | 4 Seats
- MD — Biochemistry | 2 Seats
- M.D — Community Medicine | 4 Seats
- M.D — Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy | 4 Seats
- M.S — Otorhinolaryngology | 2 Seats
- M.D — Forensic Medicine | 4 Seats
- M.D — General Medicine | 16 Seats
- M.S — General Surgery | 8 Seats
- M.D — Microbiology | 4 Seats
- M.S — Obstetrics and Gynaecology | 18 Seats
- M.S — Ophthalmology | 8 Seats
- M.S — Orthopedics | 18 Seats
- M.D — Paediatric | 20 Seats
- M.D — Respiratory Medicine | 4 Seats
- M.D — Radiodiagnosis | 10 Seats
- M.D — Pathology | 6 Seats
- M.D — Pharmacology | 4 Seats
- M.D — Physiology | 4 Seats
- M.D — Psychiatry | 6 Seats