- Address | Cuddalore Road, Kirumampakkam, Puducherry 607402
- Year of Establishment | 1999 | Pondicherry
- Affiliated University | Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem
- Entrance Test Required For Admission | NEET
- Course Offered | MBBS | PG Diploma | MD | MS | DM | M.CH
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized
The Aarupadai Veedu Medical College and Hospital, was established at Pondicherry in the year 2000, with due approval from the Government of India and Medical Council of India. The first batch of 100 Medical students was admitted successfully for the academic year 2000-2001. Presently 800 students are studying in the College.
All pre-clinical and Para-clinical departments are located in the college premises. They are fully equipped with their own Laboratory, Library, Demonstration Room and Museum. The necessary basic equipments and staffs are available in the college. Med-Varsity functioning in the Institution with the 15 systems. The college having both intranet and internet services. This institution is tele-linked with other members of VMU for telemedicine purposes.
- MBBS Intake Seats | 100
- Duration | 4 years plus 1 year compulsory rotatory internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS | NEET 2018
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together
- Age Limit | Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before the first day of July of academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.
- Date of Birth | Only those whose date of birth falls on or before 31 December of Admission Year are eligible.
- Citizenship | Indian nationals.
Post graduate MD/MS Intake
- Seats | 37
- Duration | PG Diploma 2 yrs & MD/MS 3 yrs
Eligibility | PG MD/MS | NEET
i) Candidate should have obtained MBBS Degree from a MCI recognized institution.
ii) Candidate should have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination before 30th April of the Academic year.
Post Graduate Sanctioned intake capacity
PG Specialization of 16 different courses for 37 seats is available in Vinayaka Missions Medical College and Hospital, Puducherry. Admissions are based on the competitive entrance examination conducted autonomously by Vinayaka Missions Medical College & Hospital, Karaikal, Puducherry.
|PG Specialization Courses|
|Diploma in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy|
|Diploma in Anesthesia|
|Diploma in Child Health|
|Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|Diploma in Ophthalmology|
|Diploma in Orthopaedics|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
Eligibility for MBBS
a. The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary. The study should comprise of Physics Chemistry and Biology with English.
b. The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University Board.
c. The pre-Professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination.
d. The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects.
Selection of Students:
Merit basis: –
• Candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
• For Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained are read as 40% instead of 50% Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the University.
• Cut – Off Date for Admission for I Year MBBS Course is 30th September every year.
Eligibility for PG Courses
The candidate must possess recognized MBBS degree and should have obtained permanent Registration as medical practitioners with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
In the case of foreign nationals holding non-schedule foreign medical qualifications, they must have temporary Registration (issued by Medical Council of India) for the duration of their postgraduate Training restricted to the medical college / institution to which they are admitted for the time being for post graduate studies and for no other purpose.
Selection of students
The students applying for PG degrees/PG (Dip)/ Higher Specialties courses under Vinayaka Missions University shall be selected based on “ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION” conducted by this University.
Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from this university by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form before seeking admission to the Medical Institutions.
Last Date for Admission
The last date for Admission to I Year of PG degree / diplomas is 31st May every year.
The last date for Admission to I Year of Higher specialty is 30th September every year.
M.D. / M.S.
The minimum period of training for obtaining these degrees shall be three calendar years.
The minimum period of training for these degrees shall be two calendar years, after obtaining M.D., M.S. degrees, or equivalent recognized qualification.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D