- Address | Father Muller Road, Kankanady, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575002
- Year of Establishment | 1999 | Mangalore | Karnataka | India
- Affiliated University | RGUHS |Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Direct Admission | 7411718005 | 9620557598
- Management | Trust
- College Type | Private
- MCI status | Recognized for 100 seats. Permitted for renewal of permission for increase of seats from 100 to 150 u/s 10(A) for 2016-17.
- Father Muller Medical College located about a kilometre from the National Highway-66 (the Mumbai-Mangalore highway) at Kankanady in Mangalore, is a religious minority educational institution forming a part of the Father Muller Charitable Institutions (FMCI).
- Fr. Muller’s Hospital opened its doors to the people of South Canara in 1880. It started when Fr. Augustus Muller S.J, a German Jesuit priest dispensed homeopathic medicines under a Banyan tree. It went on to become a Leprosy hospital (now known as the St Joseph’s Leprosy Hospital) and then into a fully fledged hospital
Lesser-known facts about Father Muller Medical College
- OT | 14
- No of Beds | 1250
- Doctors | 200+
- Being in the health care service since 1880, Father Muller Hospital has a rich heritage which is seen in its vast experience in the field of medicine and gives it the reputation of an institution that combines a caring heart with highly professional skills. The National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) has accredited microbiology, biochemistry and pathology clinical laboratories of the Hospital. It is the only medical institution in the city which has all the three laboratories accredited by NABL guaranteeing quality of service.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- Intake Seats | 150
- Duration | 4 ½ Years + One Year Compulsory Rotating Internship.
- Eligibility | MBBS : NEET | Citizenship : Indian nationals.
- Date of Birth & Age | 17 Years & Above
- Qualification | Pass in 10+2, A level, IB, American 12th grade or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together.The minimum marks required for the admission should be 50% in PUC (PCB) or any other equivalent examination for the candidates of General Category. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST, the minimum percentage of marks required for the admission process should be 40% in PCB. Preference will be given to the merit students.
Post graduate MD/MS
- The post graduate specializations of 102 seats of 28 different courses are mentioned below for your perusal. ASmissions are made based on the ranks obtained in all India as well as at state level Entrance Examination.
- Intake Seats | 102
- Duration | 3 years
- Eligibility | PG MD/MS : NEET | MD/MS Degree and Diploma Courses
- i) Candidate should have obtained MBBS Degree from a MCI recognized institution.
- ii) Candidate should have completed one year compulsory rotating internship after passing the final professional examination before 30th April of the Academic year.
- Note:Candidates who have passed Diploma examination in the same subject, when he/she takes up Degree Course in the same Subject . Course duration of study will be 24 months.
|PG Specialization||PG Seats|
|M.Ch Paediatric Surgery||03|
|M.Ch – Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery||02|
|MD – Anaesthesiology|
|MD – Bio-Chemistry|
|MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy|
|MD – Emergecy Medicine||2|
|MD – M.D. – Psychiatry||3|
|MD – General Medicine|
|MD – Microbiology|
|MD – Paediatrics|
|MD – Pathology|
|MD – Pharmacology|
|MD – Physiology|
|MD – Psychiatry|
|MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology|
|MD – Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine|
|MD – Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine|
|MD/MS – Anatomy|
|MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology|
|MD/MS – Ophthalmology|
|MS – ENT|
|MS – General Surgery|
|MS – Orthopaedics|
- The candidate should be a graduate in Medicine (M.B.B.S)from any university recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- The candidate should have completed satisfactorily the Rotating compulsory internship of one year in an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India
- he candidate should have obtained permanent Registration of any State Medical Council.
- No candidate shall be admitted to any post graduate degree / diploma course unless the candidate has obtained and produced the eligibility certificate issued by the University. The candidate who is provisionally selected has to make an application to the University with the following documents along with the prescribed fee:
- MBBS pass/degree Certificate issued by the university
- Marks Cards of all the University examinations passed MBBS course
- Attempt Certificate issued by the principal
- Completion of Internship Certificate
- Any State Medical Council Registration Certificate.
- Candidates should obtain the Eligibility Certificate before the last date .
MBBS Eligibility Details
Eligibility for M.B.B.S:
- Two year P.U.C Examination conducted by the P.U.C Board, Karnataka State with English and Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects or any other examination recognised as equivalent by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences .
- Intermediate Examination in science of an Indian University Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, which shall include a practical test in three subjects and also English as compulsory subject
- First year of the three year degree course of a recognised university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is an ‘University Examination.
- B.S.C Examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.SC. examination with not less than two of the following subjects-Physics,Chemistry, bIology (Botony, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed either the qualifying examination with the following subjects : Physics,Chemistry,Biology and English.
College In Campus Facilities
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- Banks / ATM
- Guest Room
- IT Infrastructure
Top Searched Links By College4u.in For Biology Students After 12th Career Options
- Top Medical College Bangalore | MBBS Admission 2021 | NEET 2021 Updates
- List Of Top Dental College Bangalore | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | B.Pharma Admission 2021
- Top Homeopathic College Karnataka | BHMS Direct Admission 2021
- Top BVSc Colleges In Karnataka | Veterinary Colleges 2021 Ranking
- Top BNYS Colleges in Bangalore | Bachelor of Naturopathy And Yogic Sciences Karnataka
- Unani Medical Colleges in Karnataka | BUMS
- Top Allied Science Colleges In Bangalore | B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Homeopathic BHMS Medical College in Kolkata | West Bengal
- Top Hotel Management College Bangalore | List Of BHM Colleges In Bangalore
Direct Admission Contact Us For Further Query
Contact | 9036036290 | 9620557598
Condition Apply : All College Admission Process Might Be Different.Admission Possible Only in Private Colleges.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in