- Address | Sankari Main Road (NH-47) , Ariyanoor , Salem – 636 308 , Tamil Nadu , India
- Year of Establishment | 1996
- MCI status | Recognized
- Course Offered | MBBS | PG Diploma | MD | MS
- Name of Medical College | Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College, Salem
- Affiliated University | Vinayaka Missions University (Deemed), Salem
- Management | Trust
- Origin of College | Credit goes to Sri A.Shanmugasundaram, the visionary founder and chairman of Thirumuruga Kirupananda Variyar Thavathiru Sundara Swamigal Medical Educational & Charitable trust. Due to the pioneering effort of this founder-Chairman was established Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College in 1996.
Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery | MBBS
- MBBS Intake Seats |100
- Duration | 4 1/2 year Plus One year of compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship
- Age Limit Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before the first day of July of academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.
- Qualifying Examination
a. The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary. The study should comprise of Physics Chemistry and Biology with English.Orb. The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University Board.
- d. The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects.
- Candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
- For Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained are read as 40% instead of 50% Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the University.
Post Graduate MD | MS | PG Diploma
- Seats | 61
- Duration | Diploma 2 Years |MD/MS 3 Years
- Eligibility | The candidate must possess recognized MBBS degree and should have obtained permanent Registration as medical practitioners with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.In the case of foreign nationals holding non-schedule foreign medical qualifications, they must have temporary Registration (issued by Medical Council of India) for the duration of their postgraduate Training restricted to the medical college / institution to which they are admitted for the time being for post graduate studies and for no other purpose.
PG Specialization Courses wise Sanctioned Intake
- Diploma in Anesthesia 2
- Diploma in Ophthalmology 1
- Diploma in Orthopaedics 2
- Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 1
- MD (Emergency Medicine) 2
- MD – Anaesthesiology 4
- MD – Bio-Chemistry 3
- MD – Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy 4
- MD – General Medicine 5
- MD – Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion 2
- MD – Microbiology 4
- MD – Paediatrics 4
- MD – Pharmacology 2
- MD – Physiology 2
- MD – Psychiatry 1
- MD – Radio Diagnosis/Radiology 4
- MD/MS – Anatomy 2
- MD/MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology 4
- MD/MS – Ophthalmology 2
- MS – ENT 2
- MS – General Surgery 4
- MS – Orthopaedics 4
Super Speciality Courses
M.D. / M.S. | The minimum period of training for obtaining these degrees shall be three calendar years.
D.M./ M.Ch. The minimum period of training for these degrees shall be two calendar years, after obtaining M.D., M.S. degrees, or equivalent recognized qualification.
Top Searched Links By College4u.in
- Top Medical College Karnataka | Top Medical College Bangalore | Top Raked College Karnataka
- Top 20 Engineering college Bangalore | Genuine rank of Top Engineering college
- Top 25 Pharma college india | NIRF Ranking| 2017 Genuine Ranking | Top Pharma Colleges India
- Top 20 Pharmacy College Bangalore | Top Pharma College Bangalore | Genuine Ranking
- List Of Top Dental College Karnataka | Top 35 Dental College Karnataka | Genuine Ranking
- Top 20 Engineering College Pune | Genuine Ranking | Contact
- Top 20 MBA | PGDM | Management Colleges in Mumbai | Pune
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Bangalore
- Top 20 MBA / PGDM / Management Colleges in Delhi-NCR
- Top 20 Computer Application BCA | MCA College Of Bangalore | India
- Top 25 Management College | BBA | BBM | BMS in Bangalore
- Top Nursing Colleges Bangalore | B.sc Nursing | M.sc Nursing | P.B Nursing
- Top Law College Pune | Mumbai | LLB | BALLB | BBALLB
- Top Law College Bangalore | LLB | BA LLB | BBA LLB | LLM | Ph.D